Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz or who ?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...nager-responds
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Good piece .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Don’t Undermine Foreign Boyz
      Share on googleShare on twitterShare on facebook
      Published:Monday | August 10, 2015

Lascelve Graham
      Every once in a while, I find myself at odds with the views of some of my very good friends. Such is the case now with respect to the views expressed by Tony Becca in his Gleaner article ('Reggae Boyz, or who?', August 2, 2015).

Mr Becca expressed disagreement with the composition of the Jamaican contingent, coming as most of them did from England. This is, of course, the view of many football enthusiasts in Jamaica, that Jamaican representatives should, for the most part, be born and bred in Jamaica.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...e-foreign-boyz

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I have great respect for Roy Simpson, who is perhaps the longest serving manager of the Boyz. He's not the kind of manager who would have the entire team sharing two towels!

If his article was to prove the Jamaicaness of the players, well, perhaps he did, but I'm not sure how many people were concerned about that or their eligibility to play for the Boyz.

If it was about fairness in choosing the team, you can always expect the locals to far outnumber the Snowaz, as not too many Snowaz will want to be making up numbers. At the end of the day, despite the large number of local ballaz called to the squad, a great deal of them were cut from the final list and even more from the actual starting line up.

If this article was to prove their quality...a good deal of premiership ballaz are there only because many ballers can't get work permits. Some are actually quite ruxy!

What the article certainly avoided was to demonstrate how this practice is a good thing for the development of Jamaica's football. I believe Roy was responding to an article that touched on that subject and, as such, he could have addressed that issue, if is even likkle bit.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Becca did the same thing in 97-98 by pronouncing that the Boyz would not qualify with the addition of burton hall and Simpson. He ate humble pie .... It seems that it is that time again

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It doesn't aid in the development. If they were not in the squad, would the development be any further along? If the answer is no then the whole debate is fraught with fallacy

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Xactly thats why it should be debated or touched to expose the fallacy be it for or against development , be it inclusion or exclusion,the more steakholders voice a position the better for our football developmnent.Lets not forget the UB40s have failed post WC 98 ,reaching a GC final almost 20 years later isnt improvement in my eyes , more like luck.C. Rica qualified to two WC since (98) and

CONCACAF Championship / CONCACAF Gold Cup
              Winners (1):: 1989 they won it twice before that
              Runners-up (1): 2002
              Semifinalist (7): 1965, 1971, 1985, 1991, 1993, 2003, 2009
              Copa América
              Fifth place (1): 2001

Panama Post WC 98 has GC
              United States 2005 Runners-up
              United States 2007 Quarter-Finals
              United States 2009 Quarter-Finals
              United States 2011 Semi-Finals
              United States 2013 Runners-up
              United States 2015 Third Place

I fear another reality check this campaign.Panama was on its way to another WC final in 20 15 when it was robbed ,it would have met Jamaica in the finals, I think they would have fancied their chances to lift their 1st GC.
              Last edited by Sir X; August 10, 2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                What the article certainly avoided was to demonstrate how this practice is a good thing for the development of Jamaica's football. I believe Roy was responding to an article that touched on that subject and, as such, he could have addressed that issue, if is even likkle bit.
                Yes....This is the key issue. They cannot substantiate ANY lasting relationship between SnowBall and the development of our football.

Why? Because there is none

So the Lemmings are left with nonsensical bleating about "who is a Jamaican" A total Red Herring with which they hope to avoid the critical development issue .

We see the Empty-Headed Lemmings on this site and elsewhere echoing this nonsense argument. Dem tink Big Man fall fi dem eediat argument??

All Heathen fi get bun out....Starting with the Jamaica Fraud Federation
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  It doesn't aid in the development. If they were not in the squad, would the development be any further along? If the answer is no then the whole debate is fraught with fallacy
                  A debate cannot be properly called fallacious by reliance on a hypothetical The issue under debate is either valid or not valid on its own merits

What may be fallacious is the thinking behind policymakers (and ignorant supporters)who totally ignore their key mission of creating a football industry centered around well developed players
                  Last edited by Don1; August 10, 2015, 09:59 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

If ..... then ... You saw that?

Comment

Luck?! Nuh you sMe one seh this stretch was the best you had seen ANY Jamaican team play?!!!

The play was consistent throughout. If anything the luck was against us as we should have scored first against Mexico ....

Comment

If ..... then ... You saw that?
                        Yep I saw that hypothetical

Comment

The UB40 have failed or the Jamaican National team, coach and JFF have failed???

How you put the failure on UB40???
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ok good. Now what makes you THINK that if they were not in the squad there would be more development in Jamaican football?

Comment

Ok good. Now what makes you THINK that if they were not in the squad there would be more development in Jamaican football?
                              Given the stupid JFF leadership...I actually don't think so

Comment

Working...
                              X