RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The kind of player Ja can't develop so far!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yes, water is the one ongoing cost you can't get away from iv you going to have a well developed grassy field, it is the one fundamental cost you cannot escape. The electricity cost of pumping water is minimal and there are alternatives to that for a field like sey Titchfield which is maybe a foot above river level if that.assasin will know bout dat.

Tilla you live ah Kansas too long yuh figet how fi tun yuh han mek fashion, you can get low cost handpump for 100 dollars and drip irrigation system costs pretty low, you can set up a field probably as low as a few thousand if you can do a likkle muscle work. It does require the field to be close to water like Golden spring or Titchfield or maybe 200 other field in Ja.
    Last edited by Stonigut; August 13, 2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Somewhat, yes.

Comment

Titchfield is right by the sea. Not sure how good sea water is for this but my hometown little field have a river a few yards away. St. Mary big field have Wag Water not too far away, Carder Park have a river right beside it to name a few.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

From memory you have a river running on the west side of the field.

Comment

Yeah man ah just check the satellite, there is a river running on the west border of that field, dem man yah underestimate the cost of free water, that's funny, how much them think water cost over a year or five years or ten years, water is first and most critical supply for a grassy football field.

Comment

You talking Carder park, yes there is a river there. Titchfield field is a practice field but we play our games at Carder Park. Understood.

Here a lot of development use well water to water their grass,
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah, Calabar played a cricket match versus Titchfield in 82, I was there girl them sweet like what!!!

Comment

Why somewhat? It either does or doesn't .... Are you sayin it does?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes it does Mr. Gamma, I am just not sure how much excuse we can assign to bad fields for our poor record on passing and teamwork.
                    Are Cameroon's and Ghana's fields better than ours on the average village pitch where ball is first learned or is it that the concept of team and sharing are more a core part of those cultures. Is Mexico so good at passing because of superior fields or is the culture and ideas of teamwork propagated across the football culture. I think there are core strands in football culture for every country and our key points are dribbling first, hold the ball, bruk as much as possible, then the next one is use of speed and strength to also hold the ball, bottom line it is about ego of player and not about team, any village team or quick pickup mex side you find even in US they have same pass first, team ball culture, I have played against quite a few of these local style teams both in scrimmage and in real game situation and the advantage in passing is there just like at the national level. So yes I think fields have something to do with it but cannot assign all the blame to fields.

Comment

yeah. Most of the youths on that team was my brethren. Mel Hyre, Owen Speid, Carl Brissett, Gary Wildman, Delroy Haye, Paul Atkinson, Basco etc.

Never saw that game but yeah the girls them did fOINEE in those days mi bredda. Coulda done much better inna class if it wasn't for the lovely sistren them distracting me

Comment

Maybe not all, as the game has gotten faster it has become more obvious. Ghana and just about all of the former French colonies in Africa benefits from the residual relationship with France and kids are identified EARLY and placed in proper environment. There is a very active scouting programme in those places. For our players the college environment is a step up to any football setup in Jamaica and even then it is not the CREATIVE that comes to the fore but speed and strength ... Mattocks, Brown, Ralph, Ryan Thompson, Wolde Harris......

At that stage the creativity ability cannot be nurtured.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah guys on our side were all my brethrin, Michael Smith the skipper, Ian Cooper, Baker, Cameron, that team went to Sunlight and Tappin Cup final but lost both, one of most incredible memories I have of cricket at school was Excelsion playing Calabar in 1982 Sunlight match with our bats facing a torrid spell of Walsh from the south and Patterson from the north, we won that match!!!
                          Titchfield trip was fun, even today we still crack joke off that trip.

Comment

Working...
                          X