RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GUNNERS and playing sensible football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GUNNERS and playing sensible football?

First: My GUNNERS were well and truly beaten.

Secondly: Nonsense about our 'keeper being at fault for each of those goals.
    Understand the goalkeeper's dilemma:
    - My defensive line is beaten to the ball, do I stay on my line and hope the ball comes straight at me or 4 - 5 yards to my right of left? Any corner outside of those parameters=goal!

...besides if the ball comes outside of straight at me there is a fifty-fifty chance it goes right or left, that occurs after the angle of flight is changed 4 - 5 yards! Impossible to react before the ball has gone by.

What does a goalkeeper do?

Well, this is what Petr Cech did: He 'cut the angle at goal' for the attacker by attacking the ball. He was late (=beaten to the ball by the attacker)! The ball did not end up straight on him. GOAL!

Given the point (i.e. distance from a Cech on his goal-line) at which the ball was headed and ball's subsequent trajectory, if he had stayed on his line would he have made a save?

Your answer placed against the 'talking head's' condemnation of Cech?

- Second goal: Besides seeing the ball late - GUNNER's defender in Cech's line of sight and width of goal...Cech 'played the percentages' and made an initial step to his left. He lost!

Your thinking on that matter of 'playing the percentages' covering wider area of goal and thus leaving an opening on his 'near side' determines whether or not in your book Cech had as the 'taking heads' claimed made a terrible blunder.

----

Why did my GUNNERS lose?
    Terrible finishing! Should have been 2 or 3 before West Ham's 1st goal!
    END OF STORY!
    They created a ton of chances. ...but isn't that terrible finishing an old story?

----

Respek due to West Ham!

Well played West Ham.
    This West Ham side has wonderful technical skills and good pace. Played sensible good football.

Will give the bottom 17 lots of trouble and as this match shows the top tier teams better perform us to expectation or it could be 'woe'!!!
    Last edited by Karl; August 9, 2015, 12:31 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X