Time for the rule makers to get rid of "time added on"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for the rule makers to get rid of "time added on"

It has always been very subjective and, like the offside rule, a source of major contention.

Maybe the Americans were right - control the time off the field and when the horn sounds...game over!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

In college they stopped the clock when the game stopped and then restart it when the game restarted. I think that is a better way for everyone to see how the time is been managed. We shouldn't be at the officials mercy.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The thing is ridiculous. Yesterday, the Manu vs Tottenham match had no whistle until the 8th minute, for offside, then we had to wait for the 13th minute before a foul was awarded. There really were no stoppages. So they added a minute. Fine, should have been none, tho!

In today's Stoke vs Liverpool match, a Stoke player is down almost motionless as the medics come out and take their time to see what's wrong. 2 minutes are added! Really?!

Now these have not been outrageous really, but we all remember the heap a minutes ManU used to get whenever they were down late in a game.

Too subjective, too contentious, too unfair!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Always "subjective"?
        A little more explanation, perhaps? Hey the refs use timers!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Always "subjective"?
          A little more explanation, perhaps? Hey the refs use timers!!!
          Really?!? Then how do you explain the plain old ridiculous added minutes we see in some games??!?!

Better yuh never say dat. Only heightened the conspiracy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            It has always been very subjective and, like the offside rule, a source of major contention.

Maybe the Americans were right - control the time off the field and when the horn sounds...game over!
            I have told unuh this for time since...they will NEVER change the laws to be fair...otherwise, they will lose control of the outcome. Maybe now that a good amount ah dem could be facing jail time, it might change. The laws that need to be changed in my opinion:

1. Time - this should be done off the field as you say and totally objective
            2. Offside - should revert to the old rule and be subject to review if a goal scores or is disallowed
            3. Hand ball - if the ball touches the hand it should be hand-ball, take intent out of it
            4. Red card - A red card should be subject to review; look at Cavani's red in the Copa America...game changing decision that was unfair.

So me see it.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Really?!? Then how do you explain the plain old ridiculous added minutes we see in some games??!?!

Better yuh never say dat. Only heightened the conspiracy!
              Someone figet fi re-start dem watch?
              Di ref?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X