No announcement yet.

Speaking of academies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Jamaica's case, the biggest problem I have is at age 18 and 19 our best players shouldn't be playing DCup and Manning Cup. This is a waste of critical developmental years. Most of these kids will graduate fith form before 18 so there has to be more outlet for these schools but in the need for winning most of the schools will influence these kids to come back and play another season or two.

There has to be schools and academy. My youths go school but academy is open five days of the week and they should go 3. Congrats on your youths making the academy. Been that you are the parent and if you have a few like minded parents you can work on it. I think my job is to challenge the coaches in a nice way, and also provide other things that they are not offering.

In the summer the kids have 3 v 3 team competition, sometimes I coach them or we have two other parents who are very good coaches.

What we need in Jamaica is more structured community development(academies) which will be run evening and weekend and some coordination by JFF, ISSA, parents and other organization so they can track and influence players while providing resources like information, seminars, good coaches and administrative help.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

=Paul Marin;530162]Actually Karl - the battle between foreign and local goes away as long as there is a core development model for domestic development.
      Absolutely...it's mystifying to me why people can't see this

It's not even that the battle "goes away"...it's that the battle will be on a more level playing field...and it'll be MUCH MORE JUSTIFIABLE to bring in foreign-based players when locals aren't up to snuff
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Sigh!
        Your position on need for development program is and has always been spot on...but I just cannot get you to buy into use of 'frarin' players.
        Karl I've NEVER said JA should not use foreign players.

My position is JA should consider importing talent only AFTER we've tried to develop the talent at home. Otherwise the imported talent becomes a crutch...which ultimately retards native development.

That's EXACTLY what obtains today. This is because Jamaicans tend to be myopic...and want to grab instant solutions even when the solutions PROVE stupid and counter-productive. Exhibit #1 Stoni

This is an issue of group behavioral psychology I've already deconstructed for you...yuh figget??
        Viz:

Because it's largely true...if only by default or neglect...This is how it rolls out psychologically:

While fans see youth development as necessary...there is no big clamor or campaign for it nor is the JFF held to account for this criminal failure in leadership. That to me is tantamount to fans & the JFF paying lip service to what should be our #1 mission (imo) considering the pathetic state of our football...while we have massive potential within our youths...and even more massive NEEDS

Instead there's a clamor by fans for World Cup appearances... by any means necessary. Once fans perceive that the JFF is pursuing that myopic WCQ-or bust course as best as it can...they're ok with the JFF. If WCQ fails as it has for 4 cycles....It's IMMEDIATELY on to the next WCQ campaign

WCQ takes ALL the air out of people's perspectives on football. I see this as really juvenile thinking...non-strategic.

Strategic thinking requires a willingness to defer gratification in the pursuit of bigger, long term goals...Kinda like investor strategy

Capice?
        Memba mi tole yuh seh D1 nuh guess n spell unuh
        Last edited by Don1; August 1, 2015, 04:38 PM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
          Actually Karl - the battle between foreign and local goes away as long as there is a core development model for domestic development. A player's pre frontal cortex is not developed fully until they are 25!! In fact, the car companies know this which is why a 23 year old cannot rent a car in this country. The model should be flexible enough to integrate a foreign player with little effort. What is so awesome about the Belgian model is that it can be adapted at any age.

Winnie could use it at the national level tomorrow. Everything is about learning within a TEAM (your word) environment with focus on rhythm, syncronisation and communication. So if you have the right training environment, the players who demonstrate the ability to stay coordinated, team oriented and rhythmically pre-disposed - whether foreign or local - will be the ones best suited for selection. What I guess I am pushing here is that in the SCHOOLS - it is LEARNING OF A DIFFERENT SORT that needs to be stressed, and that "sort" will affect ALL OUR SPORTS, not just football...and ALL our academic pursuits. That's why I am so intrigued with this, it is a model that will not only produce good footballers, but good citizens at all levels as well.

The parallel I can think of is the martial arts instruction and taichi that the Asians practiced every morning in their schools for centuries. It has produced a very powerful academic and physical culture. Time to change, change, change. Me tyad a wait!
          Agreed...1 million%!
          That is what education on all levels is about development of the'whole man'.

...and to get back to another pet phrase...TALENT ABOUNDS! ...among other things...perhaps the greatest of innate abilities, the ability to constantly acquire knowledge or put another way, always having the ability to develop and improve on all levels...save for physical limitations.

Our local problem...Jamaica football...poor teachers. The talent is there.

Let us admit the JFF leaders are rucks...is there any reason the club administrators, the school administrators, the teachers=coaches must act as rucks? Not 'make'/produce good footballers of our talented youngsters?

Look...if we keep believing the Gammas that academics is for bright kids=takes more brain power than say learning subject football then teachers will treat it like '2nd cousin' and nonsense methods and content will be taught thus outputs will be less than desired.

The sick joke is, those same Gammas keep scratching heads and pulling out hair wondering on why the outputs are as they are. Go figure?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

kiss teet...foolishness...dat cyaan work in jamaica...we are unique...

Comment

My issue is where are we going to get the money to finance these structured community development(academies) ? or any ! ....I just cant see it .The therories make sense on paper but when you hit the finance part ,it calculates into a crackhead dream.

The spreading of knowledge- intelligence through an accredited program of coaching badges is the cheapest ,practical way and even that will cost money to set up , but the uptick in that is money can be made from that program of individuals or institutions seeking badges, something the JFF can own.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

football is a business...where does the money come from to start any business?

Comment

Yeah Brick I pointed that out and offered a practical solution, do you have any except for the wi bruk chourus ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

i just gave you the solution...treat football as a business...

Comment

No its not , its political business.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        Absolutely...it's mystifying to me why people can't see this

It's not even that the battle "goes away"...it's that the battle will be on a more level playing field...and it'll be MUCH MORE JUSTIFIABLE to bring in foreign-based players when locals aren't up to snuff
                        Nuh put mi innah dat 'disbelieving' group!!! Please?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh kno I spent the last hour checking on old post

re: teaching of subject 'football' and the part schools play world-wide and should play in JA. ...and when put along-side your posts...I am calling on Gamma, Assasin and Bricktop to comment.

Was Don1 also saying some interesting things?

They said some interesting things in the past on the part schools should play...or rather it perhaps could be said that their opinions...emphatic positions (...and that is putting it mildly) were schools should have no part to play. ....but they also made additional interesting comments.

Other like Jangle also chipped in...

It would be interesting if there is a weigh-in by as many persons as possible on harnessing that huge "TALENT ABOUNDS" group!!!!=How best, in Jamaica, to develop wonderful footballers and TEAMS?

Comment

Working...
                          X