HL. & Assasin!!! Do you know of a player named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL. & Assasin!!! Do you know of a player named

Kwadwo Poku???.......And have you seen him play???
    Saw him play on Sunday, for NYCFC, with Villa, Pirlo & Mix and he had a very good game with 2 very good assists.
    The info I got is that he's 23; from Ghana; was in one of the top academies in Ghana; plays as a forward or attacking mid; came to the U.S. at 18; played in the NPSL w/ Georgia Revolution & NASL w/Atlanta Silverbacks; this is his first season in MLS.

Where does NYCFC play? Yankee Stadium? How is the viewing for football there? Appreciate your feedback!
    Peter R

Comment

Ongle a cricket fan wood ax where NYCFC plays ......

To USAF question: i watched the game and the youth is very talented. Quite big too so he will be a defensive nightmare. High scoring game...5 -3 i think it ended. Nice first game for Pirlo.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think it was the youth I met last year at the Silverback game. He was on loan. My friend talked to him at length. He looks a solid player but only got about 20 minutes on the pitch. Good for him.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Just be thankful I even know what NYCFC is!

I am going to NYC in August and my daughter who lives there, bought tickets for Yankees vs BlueJays (I like bat and ball games ) but I also thought I could go see a football game with my son that week. I checked and saw NYCFC played at Yankee Stadium; I just never liked watching football in a baseball stadium because of how the stands lined up... so hence my question.

Maybe we'll go watch Pirlo and Poku?
          Peter R

Comment

yeah, the alignment of the field is a turnoff. But for a purist--it does not matter!

Lucky guy you. Enjoy!! NOTHING like family.

HL

Comment

bwoy mi a tell you that the turf with the grass on top inside the Dome nice.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Notice how they manicure and roll it after the first game?

Excellent job!

HL

Comment

Yeah!!! They play at Yankee Stadium.......Garber conveniently let that one slide = MONEY.....Yankees are minority owners.
                  They been trying to get a location for a stadium, and the last I heard it's down to Bronx & Brooklyn. Manhattan looking very slim & Queens is a no go (The Mets & to some extent the Cosmos some influence there).
                  NYCFC has a good following. They average about 29,000 & has had over 48,000 for one game.
                  Never been to Yankee Stadium to watch soccer.
                  Last edited by USAF; July 30, 2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Also heard that he has his "green card" and U.S. Soccer scouts are "talking with him".

Comment

Help me understand why Atlanta needs a domed stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                        Help me understand why Atlanta needs a domed stadium?
                        The question USAF is: WHY does Atlanta need a NEW stadium.

Building next to the Georgia Dome is the new monstrocity of a stadium. It appears to be about half way built. They will be tearing down the Dome.

"Why" i cried..."whyyyyyyy!!!?"

HL

Comment

Game can play inna the rain. It was about 70 degree inside the stadium although it was about 90 outside.

Comment

Comes in handy during winter months too. The controlled environment is ok.

HL

Comment

Working...
                            X