• Show
Clear All

• Leeds United: Austin: I should have left United in January

Leeds United: Austin: I should have left United in January

Sunderland v Leeds United.
    United's Rodolph Austin.
    4th January 2015.
    Picture Jonathan Gawthorpe.
    Sunderland v Leeds United. United's Rodolph Austin. 4th January 2015. Picture Jonathan Gawthorpe.
    10:30Wednesday 29 July 2015
    HAVE YOUR SAY
    FORMER LEEDS UNITED captain Rodolph Austin has revealed his frustration at not leaving the club in January - with tough new rules on work permits for foreign players now blocking his return to England.

Austin, 30, was freed by Leeds at the end of last season, just four months after club turned down an offer of £500,000 from Wigan Athletic in the January transfer window - with his Elland Road deal expiring at the end of the campaign.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...uary-1-7382650
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Very Unfortunate for Austin

Comment

This is one more reason why one should not hit out against players when they look out for their best interest and rid themselves of club loyalties. These clubs are about themselves and the sooner players realize this the better.

Comment

Could he have left them as he says? since his contract was until the end of the season? From the article it sounds like he was tied to Leeds and they never sold him when the offer from Wigan came in...
        Peter R

Comment

they are saying that he could have agitated for a move...

I am sure his thinking was that Leeds would offer him a contract or he would be able to transfer on a free if not. his statement is classic hindsight "if I knew then what I know now".

the belief that whenever there is an offer a player should agitate for his club to accept that offer is rather simplistic. One could not imagine that a club would resist getting fees for a player that they do not want rather than allowing to leave on free. that too is quite weird unless there was a coaching change and how does one legislate for that?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, that is puzzling that they didn't sell him, and then ended up not re-signing him.
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X