What's next for the Rbz - - Identity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next for the Rbz - - Identity

I’m not one for the UB40 vs. Yard ballas arguments. I welcome all players as long as they are willing to rep and work hard for the country…I hate the begging of players so if a player isn’t sure, let him walk…we want commitment. That said, Schafer seems like a good coach and he should start investing a bit more in the locals to complement what we have now. Players like Hughan Gray should get an opportunity ..Same for the likes of Ottey and Dino W. This would give the team a bit more identity and even help with crowd support, etc, in Jamaica. These players need to come in ready to work twice as hard as the UB40s. Yes, twice as hard given they are in an inferior league that doesn’t teach the discipline and concentration required at an international level. When the UB40s are sleeping, these guys should be up training….they need a spot right, they need a chance at life..earn it. We “Farina’s” know that while abroad we have to work twice as hard to get the same recognition as our peers of different color. Let’s go Rbz and let’s see some youths and locals benefiting from the recent success.

Originally posted by Plush View Post
    I’m not one for the UB40 vs. Yard ballas arguments. I welcome all players as long as they are willing to rep and work hard for the country…I hate the begging of players so if a player isn’t sure, let him walk…we want commitment. That said, Schafer seems like a good coach and he should start investing a bit more in the locals to complement what we have now. Players like Hughan Gray should get an opportunity ..Same for the likes of Ottey and Dino W. This would give the team a bit more identity and even help with crowd support, etc, in Jamaica. These players need to come in ready to work twice as hard as the UB40s. Yes, twice as hard given they are in an inferior league that doesn’t teach the discipline and concentration required at an international level. When the UB40s are sleeping, these guys should be up training….they need a spot right, they need a chance at life..earn it. We “Farina’s” know that while abroad we have to work twice as hard to get the same recognition as our peers of different color. Let’s go Rbz and let’s see some youths and locals benefiting from the recent success.
    Nice words.

Pity that you confine your arguments merely to the "best" national team able to achieve WCQ

But then that's the primary perspective of most Jamaicans....and that's why our football at home is so shittty...

Our football will remain shittty until we wake up and realize that football is much more than beating chests re the exploits of a competitive national team and trying our best to achieve WCQ by any expedient means
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
      I’m not one for the UB40 vs. Yard ballas arguments...These players need to come in ready to work twice as hard as the UB40s. Yes, twice as hard given they are in an inferior league that doesn’t teach the discipline and concentration required at an international level. When the UB40s are sleeping, these guys should be up training….they need a spot right, they need a chance at life..earn it. We “Farina’s” know that while abroad we have to work twice as hard to get the same recognition as our peers of different color.
      Nice way to stay above the UB40 vs yard argument, Plush!

Working twice as hard won't teach them professionalism. What do you say about a Marlon King? How have his long years in professional settings helped him with his discipline and professionalism?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is always the outliers or the few exceptions to the rule. On average, players that grow up in a disciplined professional environment will be more professional than ones who don't. Look at Kemar...he is one of the best players on the team..so talented, discipline, and humble...seems like the true professional. Kemar did need his stint at redbulls to make him even better at his game...but he seems as a true disciplined professional coming from the RSPL....Players like King can survive in a prof setup for a bit...until the day he goes off the wheel and back to his true self.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_...ational_career

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Without a proper program in place like what Paul Campbell did with our young goalies it is going to be hard.

We need to identify these players and have camps and seminars with them on a regular basis. You also need to give their clubs instruction what you need from them and make sure they are monitored and pushed.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X