Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expert point out flaws

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...tion-cup-final

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Maxwell made a fool of himself with those statements,we saw an organized team, got beaten by an organized team with luck.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

"I thought the coaching staff did not realise that Mexico had two important players on the field. We failed to mark those players and paid the price," he (Maxwell) said.

I'm no coach but one I respect told me that today's game is not about marking out players. Nobody lives in anyone's jockstrap anymore, and its not just because they aren't worn anymore.

As wikkid as Messi is, how many teams use a man marker on him to neutralise him for 90 minutes?

So, for the Reggae Boyz to waste two players marking out Mexico's dangermen...I'm not sure that's modern football. The idea is you don't play your game when you spend the afternoon running backa people.

I would agree with Jureidini that we need some ball handlers, but where do you find them?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        "I thought the coaching staff did not realise that Mexico had two important players on the field. We failed to mark those players and paid the price," he (Maxwell) said.

I'm no coach but one I respect told me that today's game is not about marking out players. Nobody lives in anyone's jockstrap anymore, and its not just because they aren't worn anymore.

As wikkid as Messi is, how many teams use a man marker on him to neutralise him for 90 minutes?

So, for the Reggae Boyz to waste two players marking out Mexico's dangermen...I'm not sure that's modern football. The idea is you don't play your game when you spend the afternoon running backa people.

I would agree with Jureidini that we need some ball handlers, but where do you find them?!
        Not in the snow! or so he (Maxwell) would have us believe... can Tappa un-retire?

I disagree that there was no game plan; we ran at the Mexticans with some success in the early part... I think this was a deliberate attempt to overwhelm them and surprise them... get an early goal lead and then retreat into a more defence/counter attack game. The lack of a goal in that plan was the undoing. I don't think Winnie, or anyone who knows Mexico, expected us to go toe to toe for 90 minutes.

I think McLeary, McANuff and Mariappa try the ball handling thing, but they are primarily on the wing... a ball handler in the middle of the park would enhance the team... in the meantime, Winnie will have to work with what he has to construct an attack based on the assets on hand. Go Reggaeboyz !
        Peter R

Comment

Maxwell words said, he is not an expert.

Clyde said what is evident. We need greater TEAMplay and more work on technical and tactical play. Hey we can improve and we should if we put in the work. Well said, Clyde. True words. Safe statement. You were on the money while being 'politically correct'.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Wonder Jureidini want at shot at coaching the national team?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I disagree with you somewhat. Number 18 shouldn't have been free on that first goal. He was Rudi's man. Someone should have always been on that player, he is dangerous and shouldn't be left alone. Without him Mexico is not that effective base on what I see.

From the game in ATL I was saying they had to pay close attention to him. His skills are very good.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm not saying you leave players alone to shoot unchallenged to goal but the days of marking out a player, staying inches from him at all times, whether your team has the ball or not, following him to the sideline when he's to be substituted, etc., those days seem to be long gone.

Certainly players must track and watch very closely their opponents who are making runs into dangerous positions, the penalty area, for instance.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well that is were communication comes in. In the defensive 3rd, it is Rudi's job to pick up the left side mid and if he can't he should communicate to someone else to drop in but I am upset about no one been close enough to make a tackle or attempt a block on that.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A well-respected Forumite has been trying to convince me that we should blame our goalie for the first Mexican goal. Something about his release. Did he throw/kick out the ball directly to Austin when there were better or safer options? I will need to look at it again to see what he could be talking about.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Watch it again agree with the forumite. Bad outlet from the goalie which was stolen by Mexico. It all started from there. The unexpected change in possession is what caused the match-up problems IMO.

Comment

Blaming the goalie is a far stretch. Look again Rudi was going to the middle and not looking behind, the winger was walking back and just maybe could have come back a little faster or someone could have called Marriappa to close down the space.

For me a break down in communication and Rudi is more at fault than anyone else for that goal.

Comment

A no nutting. I am used to you blaming Rudi when he is not at fault.

Comment

stop make up stuff man. Where else you see me blame Rudi????

Rudi has been a stalwart. He didn't have a good game against the Haitian and had a ok game against the Mexican. I think he and a few of the team was mentally and physically tired after playing so many games but Rudi would be one of the first person on my side if I was picking an eleven.

You must have me mistaken to rhatid.

Comment

say what now?

"The Mexicans are mostly short players, and they don't like players running at them..."

Comment

Working...
                              X