From rising star to spectator, but Powell could be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From rising star to spectator, but Powell could be back

"It is our view that it is something deeper, and without demonising the youngster, we will appoint a committee to carry out a full investigation to determine his reasons, as we believe that there has been some influence and he, being a youngster, has turned out to be the victim," Burrell said.

"He is a young man who needs guidance. When we discover the real reason, we will deal with it befitting of the offence, but certainly, this is the time young Alvas needs our help as a federation. It is unfair to see a youngster's career be destroyed by others, and those responsible must pay the penalty," Burrell added.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...FxaK8.facebook

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Hmmm, I've been told by dependable sources that Schafer is not the kind of coach to push around.

I hope it does not come to an "either him or me" situation!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed ,look how dem defend dem wife beata

Attack to woman[edit]
      On Saturday 6 August 2011, on the pub "El Bembe" in Bogotá, Gómez attacked an unidentified woman. According to witnesses Gómez hit the woman at least four times at 11 p.m. near the entrance of the pub where he was accompanied by the woman minutes before.[2]
      When the facts were known, Gómez released a communication asking for forgiveness for his behavior and resigned to his participation as a member of the technical committee of the U-20 World Football Championship.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hern%C...ADo_G%C3%B3mez
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well if the coach says no,its no.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Maybe Schafer doesn't have all the facts himself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

did not hear that story but my thinking was along those lines .......

powell felt that he was spoken to in a way that he did not like.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              powell felt that he was spoken to in a way that he did not like.
              I'm not saying that the players should be spoken to any old way, but I know some youngsters in Jamaica who can't hold down a regular job because they just don't feel the boss has a right to talk to them AT ALL if 4 out of 5 mornings that week they have been late.

I hope that is not what's happening here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well if you are a youngster, who equips you with the experience or nous to differentiate? would they talk to the neighbourhood don like that? if not why not?

not suggesting schaeffer adopt the don approach in that material particular but more a reflection on what it takes to garner respect from some of these young people...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

does Portmore get a sell-on fee?. Forgiveness is such a wonderful magnanimous Christian gesture. Good to see the powers that be embracing it.
                  All is well in JA.

Comment

It is unfair to see a youngster's career be destroyed by others, and those responsible must pay the penalty,~ Capt. Burrell

It would appear the Captain knows the outcome of the committee's findings, even before they've been appointed!
                    Peter R

Comment

Unless, he is making a general statement... but in the context of the article, I don't think so.
                      Peter R

Comment

I thought so too. Why bother with a committee? Making these absolute statements sometimes paints one into a corner.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                        X