Memba Rico? ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memba Rico? ---

So last night while thinking about this wagonist phenomenon, I apparently coined a word, phrase, concept. Its called "Uptownia". Its that place that most of them "brown and uptown" people live. Not necessarily physically, because its more of a mindset. Because if I had a dollar (US) for every time somebody called me "Brown Man", I certainly wouldn't be here typing this ****, I'd be in Philly getting ready to watch the game. But anyhooo.... Anyone who knows me knows my grounding roots. The also know my distaste for those "wanna be's" and "tryna be's" that want nothing more than to move to "uptownia".

Now the Reggae Boyz wagon is parked below Half-Way-Tree, Why do I say that? Simply look at the demographic that attended this years Red Stripe Premier League final. While walking to the stadium that day I realized that I was looking at the biggest crowd ever to watch a local football match. So now the Reggae Boyz are doing well, Uptownia will come alive. Breaking out their good-up good-up money to buy seats on the waggon. Oh my God, now they are gonna have to rub shoulders with the "dutch-pot-clanging" sister from "down" a jungle. Woe is me!!

Fortunately this very same "good-up good-up" money is what is going to fund this program. My beloved BOyz have shocked the hell out of most of us and did the unthinkable, and beat the US, and qualified for the Gold Cup Final. What a baxide if them win? The residents of Uptownia that largely make up corporate Jamaica will be tripping over themselves to sponsor this team. Never mind the lean times of the JFF when they cant even pay their staff. So let us make some space between "Blacks" from Jones Town and "Miss Nicie" from Seaview the woman from Uptownia.

You are all welcome, there is space and this roller-wagon ride will fun.

COYRB (Come On You Reggae Boyz)

Author: Rico
    Last edited by Karl; July 26, 2015, 07:01 PM. Reason: Addition on title
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

...and Rico on our TEAM REGGAEBOYZ!

July 23 at 8:28am ยท

To this day I still get a little 'motional every time I hear this song.And one generation later we are poised to create history again.

I have said it before and I will say it again, here, this Reggae Lions team is good enough to not only qualify for the next World Cup, but to make a mark in it

I have been watching football for 40 years and yesterdays display, especially away from the office, is the best I've seen from The Reggae Lions.

This squad will improve, there will be some changes, some tweaking, but if we stay true to the core of this unit, we will do very well..Schafer may just have found the perfect mix of home-grown and overseas-bred players, who obviously will give everything for this team.

That kind of commitment has been missing for a generation. , and may prove to be our greatest asset.

The reports of the team spirit in the camp have been amazing. They speak of a unity and vibe that surpassed '97, a team that I will remind you, lived together for months.If a team is thus motivated to play for each otherand for country, great things can happen. I look forward to seeing Rudy lead this team out onto the World Cup stage in a few years time.

If some of this looks like hopeful daydreaming, I am an unapologetic dreamer. But the facts are there to allow me to dream. I remember a unified nation on that November day, where not one major crime was committed, and the many tears of joy WE shed. So excuse me as I dream'

There is nuff space on the wagon and it has started to roll, and I promise you its gonna be a fun ride.

If the vibe inside Cuddyz, yesterday evening, is anything to go by, the fever has started so get your wagon tix early. And to the JFF, give the man dem dem money. They have earned it and the will win much more for the federation and the country, so as Portia said "Doan stop the progress"!!!!

Come on you Reggae Boyz ( COYRG)!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X