No announcement yet.

Barnes is a phartz on defense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gramma...and Sass, think they know fairness.

A review of comments on players with excellent quality show appreciable props given for that side of their game. ...and there is criticism of parts of their game that, in my opinion, they would find easy to do with putting in the effort and the thinking. That goes from the GUNNERS years by TH4, Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez, Gillies Barnes. All guys with offensive skill many other players would love to have...but Gamma & Sass do not see the props for offensive skills only the words on less than desired effort on defense or that on not doing a bit more thinking while on the field. ...and they tell it with a straight face that that I say is not so=they misrepresent.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl it is simple. No matter how you try an effective team will not have 11 good defenders, It will not have 11 good strikers. Most good offensive players can't defender and if you get a "push a foot" out of them, it is more than enough.

The coach have to decide if it is worth it to put that player on the field. That is what coaching is for. Would you have him spend the time working on his defense or perfecting his offense?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so it comes down to assuming that his defensive output will not get any better and you have to weigh this against his contribution to offence .... do you drop him for that?

karl running from answering that question like an ethiopian chicken at the height of the famine in ethiopia

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Karl it is simple. No matter how you try an effective team will not have 11 good defenders, It will not have 11 good strikers. Most good offensive players can't defender and if you get a "push a foot" out of them, it is more than enough.
          I think:
          - You are comparing our REGGAE BOYZ...and your other TEAMs with less than TOP WORLD TEAMs.

- ...and (thus) made that comment about not having 11 good defenders who are good attackers as you are not focused on GOOD TEAM.

One of the jobs of teachers is, development of whomever is being taught to FULL 100=FULLEST POTENTIAL. ...so the coach's=teacher's task is equally on development of the defensive side of each of his squad members as it is on the attacking side.

...but let us skip to what it takes to work on those glaring faults I have been focused on.
          - getting to the ball first;

- tackling.

I have found that there are 2 notions our players must rid selves of;
          - a) that an attacker or defender requires different skill set.

There must be understanding and acceptance that there is no difference in getting to the ball first as part of TEAM's attack or TEAM's defense.

Just get to the ball and act in TEAM's best interest.

Think on Mattock's performances previous to his last in this Gold Cup?

Let me state it: in this last match he put in greater effort in getting to the ball when on defense...yes, he also put in greater effort when on attack. However, previous to this last match his efforts on attack far outstripped his puny efforts on defense...and that change in mind-set and effort stood out.

- b) Get rid of the notion that it is the opposing player who is being tackled.

The primary focus must be the ball and how best to cause its use advantageous to your TEAM.

The player will then find it easy to grasp the concepts surrounding possession - why getting to the ball first? ...and what is a tackle?=for example, why a slide-tackle that involves heavy physical component is as important as toeing the ball away=both are tackles. If I may paraphrase Bill Clinton, 'It is the ball, stupid'.
          Last edited by Karl; July 24, 2015, 11:54 AM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so based on all that, should barnes play in the finals or not?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think Karl has said "the best defense is Offense".
              Back to life, back to reality.
              Yes!
              ...think of the concept of possession! ...efforts at having the ball do you and your TEAM's bidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                so based on all that, should barnes play in the finals or not?
                lol...all now the man don't answer the question....Karl a simple yes or no will suffice. On behalf of Gamma...thank you.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

so then Barnes is a better defender than you give him credit for, as he move forward in offense and doesn't lose the ball. So if the best defense is offense then explain your contradiction.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Could be... at the end of the day, you assess each player on their overall effectiveness... did they deliver enough? with Sanchez I think he does/did; Barnes has been effective, scored goals when the RBZ are not a goal-scoring machine, to mention two players. However, there is always room for improvement, right Karl?
                    Peter R

Comment

There is no room for Podoski and Ballotelli even though?

Even when them nah do nothing a di coach or the teammates fault.

Comment

...each Reggae Boyz fanz's answer to this question tells him/her personal choice: What is best for the Reggae Boyz in this match?

Now you never asked on future of the Boyz beyond this match so no qualifier needed.

My choice is, ...my answer is, yes!

Comment

Could not have, TK.
                          I have only just returned.

Comment

my
                            so then Barnes is a better defender than you give him credit for, as he move forward in offense and doesn't lose the ball. So if the best defense is offense then explain your contradiction.
                            You need to watch this last match and also the previous matches?

You will then see and remember that he loses the ball often..both relative to his touches and relative to his failure to meet easily reachable balls.

Sass: You view the game too often like someone who is mere ignorant onlooker and not often enough or often carefully as a student of the game.

Let me remind you of some ways one can lose the ball outside of wayward pass - brukin and allowing time and space to be taken away by the opponent; being off-side; poor movement = denying teammate needed passing option...there are others.

...and as to wayward passes, you do know such as frequent low percentage shots=low percentage pass on goal contributes to high percentage giving ball away?

Comment

True! ...cannot put 'pat pon fiyah' a wait pan defenda goal..

Comment

That is all I asked indeed. Thank you.

What was your question to me?

Comment

Working...
                                X