McCleary baffled at Austin being a Free Agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCleary baffled at Austin being a Free Agent

Reading winger Garath McCleary has heaped praise on his Jamaica team-mate Rodolph Austin on Twitter - and is 'baffled' the 30-year-old is currently a free agent.

Austin was a Leeds United midfielder only weeks ago, with former boss Neil Redfearn making the powerhouse midfield man an integral part of his first team.

Austin was released this summer, however, and many Leeds fans appeared to accept and even celebrate the decision. More recently, however, new Leeds boss Uwe Rosler called Austin's release a 'loss' - suggesting that he would have done all he could to keep the Jamaican at Elland Road were he in charge at the time.

The 30-year-old has since been leading Jamaica out at the Gold Cup and, according to sports betting website Oddschecker, is 6/4 to join Middlesbrough and 8/1 to end up at Bolton Wanderers or Ipswich Town.

McClearly, meanwhile, who faces questions about his own future at Reading - as GetReading report - simply cannot understand how the released Leeds midfielder is still without a club, paying tribute to the 'absolute beast' on social media.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/19...-a-free-agent/

Rodolph Austin's stocks have risen... based on his performance in the Gold Cup.

He is one of those players who gets better as the game progresses. He never gets tired.

I am sure he will be gobbled-up before the beginning of the season. Hopefully MLS
    Last edited by HL; July 22, 2015, 10:31 AM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL Austin should be in any of the top four teams in England, Germany and Italy. If Capello was still at Madrid then I would say go.

Austin had three solid games in the copa. Came up big time for the team in the GC. Same can be said about big Wes, how did England not see him? Oh plays D2. Hope I didn't jinx the Rboyz, said I wasn't going to post until the end of GC.

Yes the snow balla dem mek mi haffi keep quiat. Dis team yah tough bad. Man dem collaspe into a phalanx in front of the 18 and say "come through".

Comment

King Jawge... very few have the gonads to admit when they err. I lift my hat to you.

Heading to see the game later. I am torn between these two teams--but [to you] I will admit that I would like Jamaica to win.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

the Haiti game was not his best. too many errant passes and by errant I mean straight to the opponent.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I need him to mark up Bradley whenever he pushes forward.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hold it dung boss. Yuh can cheer for any of the teams your heart tell you to.

Comment

nah say nutten

Comment

neva you throw stones behind yuh ... mobay get violent eh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maybe so but the fact is; Haiti played the way a small team would and Ja played the way of a big team (were in control of the game) could have beaten them by three goals. Those shots from close to the half line wasn't about to hurt thompson (Haiti was kept at bay) then Ja pushed forward when they saw fit. Austin came up with the final header to close the game. Now how's that?

Comment

did you see the Haiti game?

as I said in that game he made a lot of errant passes, maybe it was because of Watson's absence that he felt that much more pressure. whatever it was he made a lot of errant passes in that game and scored a game winner header in the other, these things are both facts. not a tit for tat thing, just the pure unadulterated facts.

Comment

Actually that is why I posted here because another bay man was on the phone with me about Ja's ball. It seems with Rboyz current successes; locals aren't a happy campeeer . Violence in Mobay? I really don't know, scamming maybe? Throw stones behind? Not quite but if HL wants to go with either teams that's really up to him. Can't force a choice on him . Plus he's in business, got to look at things from a business perspective (HL's case).

Comment

this is one of the most coherent posts you have ever made! some parts still murkyish but at least it coherent for the most part!

as for hl, him is a "world citizen" ..... part European part American perhaps Jamaican but always black!

Comment

Watson's absence was obvious in the Haiti game. Yes Austin hasn't given his copa game in the GC this may come from the fact that he's playing lesser opponents. The US is a good team so I'm expecting his Copa game here. That's the thing; What if Ja had raised her game against these lesser teams? I really don't want to comment on Ja for now.

Comment

the truth is that everyone should be a world citizen. Race is a social construct imposed on us in the 16th century on up via language. I really don't want to get into the race argument. Look at Rachel Dolezhal(sp) sociologist and psychologists knows why she got away with saying she's black for decades. Had it not been for her parents posting baby pics and all it would continued.Just shows that race is constructed by us a people.

Comment

Working...
                              X