No announcement yet.

TNT defense would drive me crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caribbean man? oh I forgot... Panama has a Caribbean coast...
    Peter R

Comment

No I mean two breaks in the penalty shooting, in the regular match they were overrun.

Comment

How you mean, yuh no hear the total disrespect these people have for us, every commentary is about our (Carib) inability to play 90 minutes and organized ball both from us media and mex media and Latin American media. I would have loved to see TNT beat pan and then beat mex and we meet them in the final.

Even a guy like Cobi jones who should know better is totally condescending when talking about Carib teams, burn me up bro, why you think I am so hot on playing hardcore defense and maximum fitness and hardcore discipline, these are things we are not maxing out, now you see Ja team winning late games and looking dangerous on attack in the second half from the arg team onward the attack potential of this team we have just seen the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          That's right, dem no eat Nuh yellow yam and green banana!
          all they eat is ROTI
          out of many one people

Comment

Lol!

Comment

I agree with you Stoni. The commentary, especially from Frankenstein-mouth Cobi Jones, is very condescending when it comes to the Caribbean teams. The Caribbean teams have demonstrated a significant improvement in their play and have shown that they are not to be taken lightly. I would love to see a Jamaica vs Panama finals. It's time to shake up CONCACAF.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Cobi Jones, he of revisionist history!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes, Jamaica vs Panama final sounds a lot better than Jamaica vs Trinidad. Looks like the latter is moot, anyway!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    I agree with you Stoni. The commentary, especially from Frankenstein-mouth Cobi Jones, is very condescending when it comes to the Caribbean teams. The Caribbean teams have demonstrated a significant improvement in their play and have shown that they are not to be taken lightly. I would love to see a Jamaica vs Panama finals. It's time to shake up CONCACAF.
                    Is he BLEACHING ?
                    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I'm really not the "bleaching" expert here FYI. But he does look like this:

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Do you think the TnT players had 'heavy legs'?
                        Comparing that last performance with their earlier performances mek mi tink dem had litkle innah di tank!!!

Aside: I am waiting with bated breath to see if my Reggae Boyz who have done, in each match, tremendous running...eeerrrrrr!!!!! chasing???...will have the same level of 'runni' innah fi dem legs????
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How you mean, yuh no hear the total disrespect these people have for us, every commentary is about our (Carib) inability to play 90 minutes and organized ball both from us media and mex media and Latin American media. I would have loved to see TNT beat pan and then beat mex and we meet them in the final.

Even a guy like Cobi jones who should know better is totally condescending when talking about Carib teams, burn me up bro, why you think I am so hot on playing hardcore defense and maximum fitness and hardcore discipline, these are things we are not maxing out, now you see Ja team winning late games and looking dangerous on attack in the second half from the arg team onward the attack potential of this team we have just seen the tip of the iceberg.
                          ...but as fact...your eyes tell...do you really think our brand of play is as smooth on passing and movement, defense and attack...as Mexico, Costa Rica and the USA?

If you do...please give me some of that 'grass' as I would dearly wish it so!!!

What I see of/in my REGGAEBOYZ is, potential to be good...even great TEAM!
                          - Wonderful physical effort from the two banks of 4! FULL STOP! i.e. everywhere on the field each of those players may be!!!

- Good effort from the front 2 only when going forward with the ball on the ground.

Zero from them on defense!!! They leave our other 9 to play defense! My REGGAE BOYZ play '2 short' on defense every single game of this GOLD CUP!!!

- Infrequent good passing and movement from my REGGAE BOYZ in each game. So infrequently my REGGAE BOYZ demonstrate that it is not inability to pass and move that stops them from frequently or continuously when in possession to pass and move!!! (Coach-teacher must find out the causes for that and fix! That is what he gets the 'big money' for!)

- Too often on our few attacks our front 2 ignore better placed TEAMmates to induldge in...taking of crazy shots...take nonsense shots or nonsense attempts at beating opponents one-on-one when the pass guarantees going by!!!

So back to what I am seeing - GREAT POTENTIAL!!!

So my 'ice cold' assessment poor TEAM with tremendous heart=great attitude and vast potential for becoming wonderful TEAM!

Do not think we (the REGGAE BOYZ) are far off.
                          Disciplined concentrated 'thinking plays'...coupled with the same wonderful attitude and fight=effort = buttah = WONDERFUL TEAM!

Look a thinking TEAM passes and moves and does both often and early = SUDDEN... = giving the opponents no time (no appreciable time) to set up on defense!!!
                          Last edited by Karl; July 20, 2015, 08:06 PM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl you keep equating looking good while playing as a goal to be achieved, there is only one goal, to win. This is not a diving competition or figure skating where beauty and smoothness of passing as you put it would be ranked 1-10, look at Mex yesterday they played some of what seemed to be the sweetest, fluid ball we have seen all Gold cup but the bottom line is cr was in the game the whole time as the score was 0-0 till 120 minutes and maybe cr would have won on kicks though certainly mex seemed to deserve to win the game but nobody is giving you anything on a platter.

Our Boyz can get better and they will because they are committed, they have good leadership everywhere on that team. Let's see?

Comment

Karl you keep equating looking good while playing as a goal to be achieved, there is only one goal, to win.
                              You are stats man so please do not start to fight yourself. That would lead to great uncertainty and confusion within.

"Looking good" =
                              - Playing excellent passing and movement game, which btw is needed for wonderful offense and tremendous defense.

Let us start with defense - If you are not *moving 'well' you shall not be in position to defend!!!

If you are not passing well you cannot transition from defense effectively!

If you are not technically good you are prone to mistakes! ...does not arguer well for good defending!

and btw - good possession and effective possession is a form of 'defense' as in, 'we have it=the ball, they do not" and thus just about 100% of such occasions our ramparts are safe - ( Just about 100% = there is such a thing as defender's goal=own goal).

NB: An example not readily seen by fanz! - *moving well
                              Attackers are sometimes referred to as "first line of defense". We all know of my propensity to/for 'overkill'...and on defense I have hammered and hammered the fact of TEAMs having 11 defenders!!!

...and my hammering of my GUNNERS wonderful offensive player, Theo Walcott's often...most often...just about 100% of games abandoning his TEAMmates on defense!!! ...Well, our REGGAE BOYZ front 2, during this tournament have consistently 'not gone to meet the ball'. They are experts at "Theo Walcott-like" fake jumps and half-hearted move to meet balls when an opponent is near!!! That not 'going to meet the ball' is poor movement and thus poor TEAMplay...poor for attack and poor for defense.

This is not a diving competition or figure skating where beauty and smoothness of passing as you put it would be ranked 1-10, look at Mex yesterday they played some of what seemed to be the sweetest, fluid ball we have seen all Gold cup but the bottom line is cr was in the game the whole time as the score was 0-0 till 120 minutes and maybe cr would have won on kicks though certainly mex seemed to deserve to win the game but nobody is giving you anything on a platter.
                              It was the fluidity that allowed Mexico to boss their plays.
                              Losing is not a result of same! It was in spite of same!

A better conclusion by you would be, They would have lost by a wider margin if they were not as fluid=as good on the ball as they were!!!!

Our Boyz can get better and they will because they are committed, they have good leadership everywhere on that team. Let's see?
                              I agree with you...as said above!
                              Here are the 3 main items I mentioned before:
                              - Our Reggae Boyz give FULL 100 effort!

- The attitude is, 100% first rate from 9 of the players - the 2 lines of 4 (FULL STOP!) ...+ from the 2 front men when going forward with the ball on the ground.

- Our Boyz have shown in flashes that they can put in that wonderful pass and move/move and pass game...and particularly late in games mount assault on the opponents' goal!

...that says, POTENTIAL FOR MAKING INTO GREAT TEAM?
                              Huge!

Can you imagine what our BOYZ would do to opponents if they passed and moved/moved and passed as wonderfully for disciplined FULL MATCH as they have shown in patches/infrequently during matches?!

FIFA top 20 - 15 mi seh!
                              ...and yuh dun kno the difference between that 4 - 15 and 1 - 3 his suh-maal!!!

Common on REGGAE BOYZ!!!
                              Let's do it!!! Yes, you can!!!
                              FORWARD!!
                              Last edited by Karl; July 20, 2015, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Karl passing like you are talking about is not something you can acquire in a short time, especially at this level of competition, we have not built that culture at all. Mexico has that culture ingrained across every level of ball, we can't acquire that kind of fluency overnight.

We can only maximize what we have and attack weaknesses.
                                USA is a fundamentally sound, fit team with no curves at all unlike Mexico, they are pretty athletic and they are committed. This will require committed, sound and highly engaged team, full team press and hard man marking, we must pass better against us as our athletic advantages are somewhat muted against US team. This will be a total grind game, no prettiness at all so you will be disappointed. I will be happy with a win anyway we can get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X