X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duckie gets big chance for 'learning experience'

Duckie gets big chance for 'learning experience'

Bora Milutinovic - file

Donovan Duckie, coach of promoted National Premier League team St. George's FC, says he will be using the Reggae Boyz Asian tour as a learning experience.

Duckie was named assistant to Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic for a four-nation tour of Asia and the Middle East where they will play Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Iran between June 21 and July 2. The Reggae Boyz, made up of only local players, are scheduled to leave this afternoon and return on July 4. The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) says the friendly games are geared towards preparation for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers, while the four opponents are preparing for the Asian Federation Cup next month.

This will be the second time Duckie will be working with Bora as he was once assistant to David Hunt on the national Under-17 team, which Bora also worked with. Duckie said he is pleased to be working with Bora again and with the senior team for the first time.

"I learnt a lot from Bora the first time and I know this will be invaluable experience," Duckie told Star Sports. "The stage is also important to me. I'll be working with the senior team for the first time and it will be an international tour, so there will be so much to learn and I'm definitely looking forward to it."

Duckie added: "It will also do a lot for my confidence. I'm looking to get tactically better and understand the game better. In the future, if I'm called on again, I can contribute to the development of the national team."

Duckie also said the experience would help his approach with his club which, along with Sporting Central, qualified for the 2007-08 Wray and Nephew National Premier League that should start in September. Duckie will not be the only one from St. George's benefiting from the two-week tour as striker Donovan Davis is one of 20 players named in the squad.

The rest of the team includes Richard McCallum, Fabian Taylor, Allien Whittaker, Richard Edwards, Dwayne Miller, Donald Stewart, Nicholy Finlayson, Lovel Palmer, Mario Harrison, Christopher Harvey, Jermaine Taylor, Wolry Wolfe, Mario Swaby, Fabian Davis, Rodolph Austin, Keneil Moodie, Adrian Reid and Xavian Virgo. Seba United's manager Orville Powell will head the delegation, which also includes JFF president Crenston Boxhill, masseur Pablo Camargo, team doctor Dr. Mark Sanderson and Michael Blair, tour manager.

Last edited by Tilla; June 19, 2007, 05:01 PM. Reason: Clean up format to make more legible

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Good for you Duckie.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
    X