No announcement yet.

Congrats Reggaeboyz. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I alluded to the fact last week that 4 to 5 days before the first game there was nothing in the Jamaican media or from the JFF on the composition of the team. I had to go on the CONCACAF site to see the final make up of the team which would be representing us. Then we have Johnny (sorry I mean Sass) coming to the defense of the JFF that everybody already knew what the team was going to be so there is no need to promote.

I mean, how can you have the national side playing in a competition and you do not promote it to garner interest from the public? I am sure that cricket and track and field were promoting their events prior to their competitions.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla this is what I hate. Can you show me where I said all of this??

"Then we have Johnny (sorry I mean Sass) coming to the defense of the JFF that everybody already knew what the team was going to be so there is no need to promote."

Kindly thank you. I know sometimes unnu nuh like the truth.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        I alluded to the fact last week that 4 to 5 days before the first game there was nothing in the Jamaican media or from the JFF on the composition of the team. I had to go on the CONCACAF site to see the final make up of the team which would be representing us. Then we have Johnny (sorry I mean Sass) coming to the defense of the JFF that everybody already knew what the team was going to be so there is no need to promote.

I mean, how can you have the national side playing in a competition and you do not promote it to garner interest from the public? I am sure that Cricket and track and field were promoting their events prior to their competitions.
        Tilla, Jamaica nuh haffy advertise white rum. Just ax Mosiah
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          If it is not on the tv then that is the most likely response. Every one knew about Copa America
          Yes, because Jamaicans are still enamored about Brazil and believe it or not Argentina.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post

I mean, how can you have the national side playing in a competition and you do not promote it to garner interest from the public? I am sure that cricket and track and field were promoting their events prior to their competitions.
            The truth his there isn't much interest in football from the media or fans. That is the bottom line. Mek dem get close to qualifying for Russia 2018 and you will see everyone becoming fans again whether there are 11 local lads or a team full of British Jamaicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
              The truth his there isn't much interest in football from the media or fans. That is the bottom line. Mek dem get close to qualifying for Russia 2018 and you will see everyone becoming fans again whether there are 11 local lads or a team full of British Jamaicans.
              Watched the sports report on TV, and the win over Canada was way down below local mountain bike riding.

Good thing there are diehard fanz like you, me and Gamma

HL

Comment

Sass, I don't have all afternoon to back and forth with you. I know even if I provide evidence, it would be something else. Let us leave it as is unless you want to do the search yourself.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

No Tilla you can't tell lie pon mi and leave it as that man. I NEVER said that. Simple as that.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Kip quiat an tap tell lie Johnny

Ah nuff time mi ketch yuh inna lie...now Tilla ketch yuh

Johnny yuh too bad...Wooiiee mi humerus!!
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Dunny: Agree with Don1.
                      My experience in JA is some rabid cricket fans skip Sabina Park to watch local football.

My unscientific feeling is, football has surpassed cricket as the people's sport from at least in the 1990s.

The JFF has always done a poor job of promoting 'di football'. ...and that is, both at home and abroad. How often do we run into fans of our football with Reggae Boyz matches in their locality never having heard there was such?

Too numerous to recall!

Did the JFF seek...proactively seek...local broadcast of the matches?
                      How much did *'the JFF spend' to promote the Gold Cup at home?

*'the JFF spend' = Time! Effort! ...& Money?

I think the answer must be, "Not enough!"
                      Only an ignoramus would claim that cricket is more popular than football...period.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

It must bun you bad how White Jeezas a win make the team look like a team and how Snow Ballas a look like Messi.

Ketch who inna lie. Simply nuh have time fi you. Mi have nothing to prove to you. simple.
                        Last edited by Assasin; July 12, 2015, 07:44 PM.

Comment

You're clearly not o.ly a liar but an ignoramus

I posted in support of a white coach..specifically. The fact that we got.a white Jeezas was a bonus

Johnny yuh too lie

Comment

You should be embarrass to style the man as White Jeezas but then again it is you.....

Comment

Karl, T20 cricket has revived that sport for the spectators; in fact it has drawn PLENTY new fans into the game. Sabina Park was virtually sold out for all the Tallawah's matches. I am having a hard time to get tickets to the Queens Park Oval... I know every single match will be sold out!

Purists might eschew this version of the game, but generally T20 has injected new life into a dying (IMO) game.

The CPL, has been well marketed locally (Caribbean wide) and on ESPN. I watched Reggaeboyz on my laptop the other night and my TV was tuned to cricket. The Gold Cup on Fox, in TT, is not shown on local TV, or basic cable. You have to buy that channel, either as PPV, or subscribe additionally to get it. I suspect the same is happening in JA with the Gold Cup.
                              Peter R

Comment

Mi belly!
                                Wah yuh hearea hah hexpertee agen?
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X