gwaan Boyzs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwaan Boyzs

Winnie is a defense and shape first coach. In the first half of these tournament games the team is mainly focusing on defense and stopping opponent and then when the opponent get a little tired the boyz attack. That seems to be the strategy this coach is using.

Morgan have no left foot. He could have saved that goal he used his left foot. The first goal was no free kick. Morgan had a ruff night but I know he will come good again. The man from Windsor Castle Portland(Jermaine Taylor) stood up very well. We have him and Hector to choose from. Mariappa was bit shaky and open it up for some competition.

Now nuff man see what Mattocks can do. I think he should be super sub. He actually open up defense and keep them honest and makes very good runs. Good game boyzs. Looking forward to the next game.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Solid game yes, mi side ah gwaan wid a likkle ting. Dem two mistake deh, ah wish wi could play a error free game every now an den.

Comment

Defense was sloppy in cr game. I think they missed Hectors intensity and industry, the midfielders also weakened in their pressing resolve putting a lot of pressure on the defense.

The truth is if jamaica becomes focused on total fitness, disciplined approach you would be shocked what we can do, our speed and athleticism will take over in moments of opponent chaos, you saw that in the Argentina game, rags were sleep walking and could not respond, too bad we can't pass better and finish better, when we get those type players with fitness and hardcore discipline, people will be running from playing jamaica.

The spillover into jamaica with that type of approach into all levels of football can have the potential to kick start our population back to good old country man hard work values and mentality.

Comment

Morgan had a bad day. The ref called foul for him flashing a youth. He should have cleared that ball with his left foot and got a card for a soft fowl. Mariappa was very not very convincing but Taylor and Lawerence stood up.

Even with a bad day still a decent defense. Taylor played good in Hector place and I think they both will be fighting for that spot.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was surprised to see the referee gave a free kick for that. Morgan's hand touched the Costa Rican player's arm. Only to see the guy's legs collapsed and he went hurling in the air and crashing to ground. I think the CR player should have been carded for simulation.

Defending the resulting kick now was just terrible. Morgan again lost his man and then further compounded his mistake by not kicking the ball heading to goal with his crutch (I mean his left foot) or at least the outside of his right foot. Instead, he banged the ball into the top of the net. Rather disappointing.

Jamaica could or should have beaten Costa Rica.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            I was surprised to see the referee gave a free kick for that. Morgan's hand touched the Costa Rican player's arm. Only to see the guy's legs collapsed and he went hurling in the air and crashing to ground. I think the CR player should have been carded for simulation.
            That's how the Central Americans play and we will get much more of that from El Salvador. I saw McCleary made a play down the wing and got tackled right outside the 18 yard box and instead of going down for a free kick, he decided to stay on his feet and continued dribbling until he lost the ball and the advantage. We have been naïve throughout the years because most of our players come from England where they frown on divers. Latin American ball game is centered around divers.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              That's how the Central Americans play and we will get much more of that from El Salvador. I saw McCleary made a play down the wing and got tackled right outside the 18 yard box and instead of going down for a free kick, he decided to stay on his feet and continued dribbling until he lost the ball and the advantage. We have been naïve throughout the years because most of our players come from England where they frown on divers. Latin American ball game is centered around divers.
              So true and I saw it in the Costa Rica game
              out of many one people

Comment

Working...
              X