Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tears, shame and blame: The sorry fall of Thiago Silva

Tears, shame and blame: The sorry fall of Thiago Silva

He kneeled, head buried in hands, facing the Mineirão grass as his much less experienced team-mates stepped up to the firing line in the last 16 penalty shootout against Chile. It was later revealed that Silva asked to be the last taker, behind even Julio Cesar. After that and the tears, trust in the captain started to wane.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...X1L6z5A4vlK.99
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

It's a shame because I think he's a very good defender. Much better than the clots David Silva.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He's an idiot! He cost Brazil the World Cup and the Copa America.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        He's an idiot! He cost Brazil the World Cup and the Copa America.
        Really? Based on how they were depending on Neymar in the world cup .. their chances went once Neymar got injured.

As for the copa, I think Neymar should shoulder as much if not more of the blame.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Didn't say he was the only one!

Yes, Neymar was the other jackass on the team. Broken spine my as$!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Didn't say he was the only one!

Yes, Neymar was the other jackass on the team. Broken spine my as$!
            Couldn't agree more. They both really frigged things up. Neymar's stupidity was a sign of immaturity, Silva's stupidity was a sign of erm...stupidity.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Why you crying tho? Are you still on that Brazil bandwagon?

Hopped off in 1998 with no intention of going back.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Reggaeboyz rule!
                Peter R

Comment

Why you crying tho? Are you still on that Brazil bandwagon?

Hopped off in 1998 with no intention of going back.
                  I have always been an LFC, Jamaica and Brazil fan...in that order! No more than that....and no xcuses!
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Brazil and Jamaica are national teams,why do you have two teams from one competition,and what prevents you from doing the same in the EPL?
                    Man U is my club team,I do not even like RM despite the former Man U player is making waves at that club.If I am given a choice between Man U winning the EPL or the Boyz qualifying for the WC,I will always pick the Boyz qualifying.What would be your choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      Brazil and Jamaica are national teams,why do you have two teams from one competition,and what prevents you from doing the same in the EPL?
                      Man U is my club team,I do not even like RM despite the former Man U player is making waves at that club.If I am given a choice between Man U winning the EPL or the Boyz qualifying for the WC,I will always pick the Boyz qualifying.What would be your choice?
                      LFC winning the Prem or Jamaica qualifying for the World Cup? That's like you asking me which one of my kids do I want to see succeed. And why can't I have two or more EPL teams? LOL!! There is ONLY ONE that is worthy of my affection, you mussi tink seh mi name heX!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Remember,"NO excuses"!
                        Firstly,I am not questioning your loyalty to our national team,history is on your side(the creation of reggaeboyz website),but your initial post raises questions,and your second post failed to address those questions adequately.
                        Case in point,you made sure to list the teams in order of preference,ergo the team that is listed first is The priority,then there is the question of having two national teams when it would be(according to you)an anathema to ever have two EPL teams.You have afforded privilege to your club team that you haven't to your national team.
                        Ergo,the question I asked is valid,and remains unanswered.

Comment

The "problem" with the national team vs club, IMO, is that Jamaica for example is supported during qualifying or when a friendly is played. Apart from 98 when JA made its only WC finals, who do you support in any finals competition? Who did you support last year during the WC in Brazil, Jamaica?? No. Of course not, you go to your second team.

In the EPL, why would you dance around from team to team?? that just doesn't make sense, unless you name X of course. To be fair I can see people following a team because of a particular player like when Ricardo gardner was bought by Bolton back in the late 90s (after WC 98). Many on the then Reggaboyz.com gave their support to Bolton regardless of who their team of choice was prior to that.

Anyway, when you team not in the BIG dance, yuh fin' sumaddy else fi watch. Su me seeit!
                          Peter R

Comment

In light of Pool not qualifying for CL,will you be cheering for another EPL during the CL,and if so,is that club your second EPL club?
                            We have to be careful not to abuse the word fan,if Brazil plays any team from Africa,Brazilians overwhelmingly want Brazil to win whereas..

Comment

No. I won't be "cheering" for another team in CL. That's my prerogative! I will watch for the spectacle and entertainment. My mindset might rather be more like "cheering" for someone to lose...

All I attempted to do is to present a rationale why someone would "cheer" for another team. The World Cup, with all its flaws, has been the biggest tournament in my lifetime and as a yute, I personally, along with the other 99% of Jamaicans supported one team... until 98 of course!
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X