Hughan Gray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughan Gray

Has he always played RB, he is a decent defender in my book but not a natural Pitbull defender, but I do like his ability to move into attack from defense. Has he played at Dm in a 4-5-1 with two dm's or at right mid, would be interesting to hear what people think makes him tick.

From my standpoint from what I saw in Carib cup he has leadership potential and is not afraid to turn the corner and face opposition on the attack, many of our players seem reluctant even in Carib cup games to move from lateral passing to turning and face the opponent and move to the fore. During the Carib cup my criticism of gray was on the d side but in thinking and reflecting I think he has some unusual potential in leading the attack on the counter or even with original possession.

Gray is a very good attacking right back. I think he is a little suspect on te defending but hopefully he will move to a higher level where will get a chance and can show some consistency. I though the coach use Mariappa at the right back as he is a better defensive right back. The Gold Cup is a better competition to give him a run.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah, the way the thing set, it seem rb is well covered with mariappa and Powell coming in and truth is mariappa didn't give too much versatility in the attack side so I would start Powell at rb.

Which also means hughan have no real shot at rb so where else to maximize his uncommon set of skills.

Comment

"Which also means hughan have no real shot at rb so where else to maximize his uncommon set of skills."
        Good question. Normally we can't find a decent right back but we have 3. The thing is the defense is strong so Mariappa will have a hard time moving inside. The coach still have Grey in the squad for the Gold Cup that means he still think highly of him.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah, I was just looking at the G cup squad, look like Hughan not there, not sure if that is right, I guess I will look at Jff site.
          Last edited by Stonigut; June 25, 2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I will check. I thought he was.

Comment

Them left him to @#$%, tough damn break for gray, Jff website is very slow, saw the squad listed elsewhere and only ottey and a forward youth clennon left from the strictly local massive.
              Last edited by Stonigut; June 25, 2015, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Is this the list you're looking at:

JAMAICA*
                GK (4) –*Andre Blake (Philadelphia Union/USA); DuWayne Kerr (Sarpsborg 08/Norway); Dwayne Miller (Syrianska/Sweden); Ryan Thompson (Pittsburgh Riverhounds/USA)

DF (12) –*Shawn Cummings (Millwall/England); Daniel Gordon (Karlsruher SC/Germany); Hughan Gray (Waterhouse FC/Jamaica); Michael Hector (Reading/England); Lance Laing (FC Edmonton/Canada); Kemar Lawrence (New York Red Bulls/USA); Adrian Mariappa (Crystal Palace/England); Sean McFarlane (Florida International University/USA); Wes Morgan (Leicester City/England); Demar Phillips (Real Salt Lake/USA); Alvas Powell (Portland Timbers/USA); Jermaine Taylor (Houston Dynamo/USA)

MF (10) –*Rodolph Austin (unattached); Simon Dawkins (Derby County/England); Joel Grant (Yeovil Town/England); Omar Holness (University of North Carolina/USA); Christopher Humphrey (Preston North End/England); Renae Lloyd (Arnett Gardens/Jamaica); Joel McAnuff (Leyton Orient/England); Garath McCleary (Reading/England); Je-Vaughn Watson (FC Dallas/USA); Jermaine Woozencroft (Montego Bay United/Jamaica)

F (9) –*Giles Barnes (Houston Dynamo/USA); Andre Clennon (Arnett Gardens/Jamaica); Jamar Loza (Norwich City/England); Darren Mattocks (Vancouver Whitecaps/Canada); Dever Orgill (IFK Marieham/Finland); Allan Ottey (Montego Bay United/Jamaica); Romeo Parkes (Isidro Metapan/El Salvador); Michael Seaton (Orebro/Sweden); Dino Williams (Montego Bay United/Jamaica)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That list too big, I think them chop it to 24 already.

Comment

Could you put up the list you're looking at, please?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sorry, was out after that all day, look at Za's list.

Comment

Working...
                      X