Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Xamination of Don 1 proposal for Jamaicas football develo

An Xamination of Don 1 proposal for Jamaicas football development

First let me state we agree that Jamaicas football development must be unique or specific to our situation ,be it cultural and economic.2nd we agree that any development of Jamaicas football must be about- the increase of knowledge on how to play the game across all facets of Jamaica from juniors to seniors, with an extreme bias on youth.

Don calls on the P.M to be the leader of this venture to call the JAAA and JFF to form cooperative relationships, I call on the JFF to call a meeting of all steakholders.To me not much difference in the philosophy of having stakeholders involved be it seeking cooperatives or partnerships as I have referenced. While Don sees two of our main sporting bodies as essential to launch his plan, I disagree that it should be limited to just two, I call on all stakeholders because what’s essential for any plan to work is funding – the financial .Corporate Jamaica must be involved in this process, given the economic climate that Jamaica is in, especially with sporting bodies across the Island competing for that scarce financial funding.
    The pitch about setting up a government to government exchange for knowledge (football) is excellent, but that offer, that is proposed to Brazil in Dons’ reference, could be proposed to any top footballing nation, why not the U.K, France, Germany, Holland, Argentinia.I acknowledge we have a rich history with Brazil that we can tap on, but it shouldn’t be that we close other avenues that could do same for our football development, probably more eager.

The key to this or any plan taking off in Jamaica is the finances, I see Don proposes that Brazil picks up “more of any financial outlay” but what if they don’t want to? This is why it’s essential to me that Jamaica sources and try to develop its own program within its own corporate and government funding structure.

I proposed a plan where the best way to develop Jamaican football is by spreading knowledge by having certified coaches dispatched across the land by implementing an accredited coaching program through our institutions where individuals get their badges. This to me would be the most feasible cost effective practical move. Individuals paying out of their pocket or

• The JFF could present a funding proposal to FIFA of setting up said program where 14 certified coaches are developed in our institutions annually to be dispatched to each of the 14 parishes annually as part of its unique way of setting up its national program. How those coaches would be used in those parishes would be similar to how our T & F coaches are used, where they spread their knowledge to communities, schools and institutions and inspire other individuals to seek said knowledge and inspire others.
    • Corporate Jamaica could also sponsor scholarships for said badges. Where the goal is 14 corporations sponsoring 14 individuals to complete a course.
    • The spinoff would be the quality in youth talent, would increase across the land and of course so would the quality and quantity of coaches.
    How we identify and prepare talent to compete at the youth level, would have to be designed where education for the youths are a priority, which would mean that the cost of commute, housing and nutrition is at its practical financial best. To me that would be close to one or a number of our higher institutions of learning where that can be accessed.

Exactly where do stakeholders fit in, each would be asked what they can contribute to this national program i.e. clubs would be asked how can they better develop their youths , sponsors would be asked how can they sponsor, government would be asked how can they contribute , schools-colleges- universities would be asked same. A common consensus on how they can all be tied in to help each other would be designed where specific mandates can be delegated or allocated.

I agree with Dons B & C suggestions on how to partake in competitions and identify talent, to me it’s essential to have competition but the crux of all that competition is how we go about developing it, others I am sure would put forth other suggestions on how we can maximize our competitions for development, from schools to clubs but the meat and bones of it to me is imparting on the youths a good football education along with a primary, secondary and higher education. I have no doubt that with the dispatching of knowledge across the Island, our youth talent will rise in much the same way our T&F talent has risen.

So to conclude Dons Xamaniation ,My rationale is not any different from his, its emphasized on youth and education, it is unique to our situation.

The questions presented to me about fields, facilities, pro staff, good expertise, development, national players, play school or club ball and expecting a good answer before giving my plan a good look, is a joke, It has been addressed with my emphases being heavy on spreading knowledge across the land to youth. His cooperative is similar to my view of stakeholders, not as holistic but it is a step in the right direction. My plan involves a meeting of stakeholders, having an agreement of like minds to implement a local program specific to our paradigm, heavily bias on youth, involving the spread of knowledge to rise the level of football and most of all financially practical.

Why the spread of knowledge, because if all else fails, knowledge will reign supreme. Now If I can ask Don again what is my plan and why it cannot work?
    Last edited by Sir X; June 24, 2015, 05:02 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

An Xamination of Don 1 proposal for Jamaicas football development

First let me state we agree that Jamaicas football development must be unique or specific to our situation ,be it cultural and economic.2nd we agree that any development of Jamaicas football must be about- the increase of knowledge on how to play the game across all facets of Jamaica from juniors to seniors, with an extreme bias on youth.
    X... Thank you for your thoughtful & insightful response. It is valuable contributions like this that separate the thinkers from the shallow yappers. Noice

Don calls on the P.M to be the leader of this venture to call the JAAA and JFF to form cooperative relationships, I call on the JFF to call a meeting of all steakholders.To me not much difference in the philosophy of having stakeholders involved be it seeking cooperatives or partnerships as I have referenced.
    I'm not seeing the PM as being the "leader" of football reform per se ....certainly not from an operational standpoint For me she can play the role of encouraging stakeholders (all with different and at times conflicting agendas) to join together to push football development.
    After that she could excuse herself

While Don sees two of our main sporting bodies as essential to launch his plan, I disagree that it should be limited to just two, I call on all stakeholders because what’s essential for any plan to work is funding – the financial .Corporate Jamaica must be involved in this process, given the economic climate that Jamaica is in, especially with sporting bodies across the Island competing for that scarce financial funding.
    I agree

The pitch about setting up a government to government exchange for knowledge (football) is excellent, but that offer, that is proposed to Brazil in Dons’ reference, could be proposed to any top footballing nation, why not the U.K, France, Germany, Holland, Argentinia.I acknowledge we have a rich history with Brazil that we can tap on, but it shouldn’t be that we close other avenues that could do same for our football development, probably more eager.
    I agree...we should definitely not be limited to Brazil.

I chose Brazil because of our affinity for their game, our success under Simoes...and also at the time of writing Brazil had started prep to host BOTH the World Cup and the Olympics. I felt the timing would have been perfect to leverage both events to support my development proposal which fused football and track

The key to this or any plan taking off in Jamaica is the finances, I see Don proposes that Brazil picks up “more of any financial outlay” but what if they don’t want to? This is why it’s essential to me that Jamaica sources and try to develop its own program within its own corporate and government funding structure.
    Of course...if they don't agree with my idea.... we switch to Plan B. That goes for any aspect of the proposal

I proposed a plan where the best way to develop Jamaican football is by spreading knowledge by having certified coaches dispatched across the land by implementing an accredited coaching program through our institutions where individuals get their badges. This to me would be the most feasible cost effective practical move. Individuals paying out of their pocket or
    I agree...but we first have to get those competent coaches trained by OUTSIDE experts in an affordable way. That's where my expertise exchange proposal ...Track vs Football... comes in. It would be a win-win imho

• The JFF could present a funding proposal to FIFA of setting up said program where 14 certified coaches are developed in our institutions annually to be dispatched to each of the 14 parishes annually as part of its unique way of setting up its national program. How those coaches would be used in those parishes would be similar to how our T & F coaches are used, where they spread their knowledge to communities, schools and institutions and inspire other individuals to seek said knowledge and inspire others.
    Ok...But unfortunately I never had faith in FIFA "funding proposals" resulting in development on the ground in a timely or cost-effective way. The money tends to disappear like chaff in the wind
    • Corporate Jamaica could also sponsor scholarships for said badges. Where the goal is 14 corporations sponsoring 14 individuals to complete a course.
    Noice
    • The spinoff would be the quality in youth talent, would increase across the land and of course so would the quality and quantity of coaches.
    How we identify and prepare talent to compete at the youth level, would have to be designed where education for the youths are a priority, which would mean that the cost of commute, housing and nutrition is at its practical financial best. To me that would be close to one or a number of our higher institutions of learning where that can be accessed.
    Agreed. This is close to the letter and spirit of my proposals... Cooperative development

Exactly where do stakeholders fit in, each would be asked what they can contribute to this national program i.e. clubs would be asked how can they better develop their youths , sponsors would be asked how can they sponsor, government would be asked how can they contribute , schools-colleges- universities would be asked same. A common consensus on how they can all be tied in to help each other would be designed where specific mandates can be delegated or allocated.
    Agreed. Only that we should be careful to limit the yappin ...and focus on action plans, implementation...and accountability.
    Unfortunately the greater the number of parties INVOLVED... the greater the yappin and the lesser the ACTION

I agree with Dons B & C suggestions on how to partake in competitions and identify talent, to me it’s essential to have competition but the crux of all that competition is how we go about developing it, others I am sure would put forth other suggestions on how we can maximize our competitions for development, from schools to clubs but the meat and bones of it to me is imparting on the youths a good football education along with a primary, secondary and higher education. I have no doubt that with the dispatching of knowledge across the Island, our youth talent will rise in much the same way our T&F talent has risen.
    Absolutely

So to conclude Dons Xamaniation ,My rationale is not any different from his, its emphasized on youth and education, it is unique to our situation.
    Ok boss..noice

The questions presented to me about fields, facilities, pro staff, good expertise, development, national players, play school or club ball and expecting a good answer before giving my plan a good look, is a joke,
    1000% Disagree.

Those issues are definitely not joke items...They're BASIC to making development a reality

It has been addressed with my emphases being heavy on spreading knowledge across the land to youth. His cooperative is similar to my view of stakeholders, not as holistic but it is a step in the right direction. My plan involves a meeting of stakeholders, having an agreement of like minds to implement a local program specific to our paradigm, heavily bias on youth, involving the spread of knowledge to rise the level of football and most of all financially practical.
    I'm not that big on meetings..Most use them as an excuse to do NOTHING.. This is identical to how people in this virtual meeting space yap for decades about Jamaica's problems...but DO NOTHING re solutions

My preferred methodology is to identify like minded people where complementary missions exist ...and work with them directly.

Less yappin'....more doin' mi seh

Additionally "spreading knowledge" is great....but that doesn't build facilities

Why the spread of knowledge, because if all else fails, knowledge will reign supreme. Now If I can ask Don again what is my plan and why it cannot work?
    I never said your plan cannot work.. I said your ideas (as I understood them at the time to be VERY club-focused) were not the most efficient way to move development forward RAPIDLY. I said that because our clubs are mostly VERY BACKWARD and lack even basic facilities.

Plus the clubs have almost ZERO CAPACITY to nurture youths 8-16 y.o. As you know that's a critical age group. Those club development facilities and the associated expertise would take decades to be put in place imho.

Consequently I felt a centralized academy would be a far more cost-effective and rapid solution to the development challenge...as we slowly work over time to build our clubs

Odda dan dat...wi kriss
    Last edited by Don1; June 24, 2015, 08:18 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I believe I said once that the clubs will lead the development of football, and until any of your or my ideas are acted upon they will lead, and they have been doing so, granted it’s not what we desire but talent continues to be exported abroad to various leagues, not through any initiative of the JFF but by clubs. That said you are right they fail at developing our youths because most of our players leave our league in their early 20s, way past the developmental stage but at a stage where bad habits set in.

Some of our players leave from high school to colleges in the states after being overlooked by the various youth teams (JFF & Clubs) .That is an indictment against both club and the JFF, more so the JFF because they claim to be the administrators on all things football in the island.

In an ideal world Jamaica should have a centralized system where all stakeholders have a meeting of the minds to chart away forward. In an ideal world we should have an academy. In an ideal world we should have both, we have neither. If the JFF fails to be facilitators for stakeholders then those with interest in grassroots football i.e. the clubs will lead, be it terribly and miserably.

To me the JFF should be administrative facilitators on all things football and the emphasis should be on the youth, as you said about FIFA funds they tend to disappear under the JFF, that’s why I lean for more involvement by stakeholders –corporate Jamaica, where they would demand accountability, transparency and most of all results from these administrators.

To me the spreading of knowledge as a vision would be feasible if implemented but like you, I give it a snow balls chance in hell of ever getting off the ground. The UB40 express seems to be the desired way of doing things and I don’t see it changing even if they implemented a plan to spread knowledge or develop a centralized academy. That’s why it is essential to me for the JFF to give ear to the clubs by facilitating partnerships with local and overseas clubs and copy the C. Rican, model and export our youths out, to foreign clubs for progress sake.

You said spreading knowledge is great but it doesn’t build facilities? Don , Don, Don you waxed so eloquently your distrust of the JFF with FIFA funds disappearing like chaff in the wind, you have good reason to say so given our history of planting a shovel in Portmore and the other in Munro ,with nothing to show but dirt and lip service, so why harp again on building facilities ? Stake holders are there with facilities that can be used, why waste money building a wheel when we have wheels not being used, U.W.I, G.C foster, Cast, etc.

I believe when we saturate the nation with knowledge, like we did with T&F, it has a way of taking on its own cultural course of development, champs is a perfect example of this.

Sad to say, this centralized academy thing, I don’t see it happening anytime soon, as I don’t see my visions of spreading knowledge.

Good reasoning with you.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yes our clubs have been leading the way in development. Unfortunately the results are pathetic....including mass imports of mediocre Englishmen so we can have the semblance of a national team

It's time for something new in my view. I just wanted to expand the universe of options with my proposals...rather than just complaining..Das all

Good discussion boss
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post

First let me state we agree that Jamaicas football development must be unique or specific to our situation ,be it cultural and economic.
          you gone wrong before you even start...

Comment

Well jump in ,xplain your position.

Comment

While I commend you for using what little wattage lies between your ears for such a thoughtful and partially correct dissertation, no plan can be without a budget. This is where it all falls apart. It is all well and good to say "corporate sponsorships" but unless there is a tangible ROI for the sponsors, there is no benefit and consequently no funding or inadequate funding. A tangible ROI is heavily dependent on the amount of the "I"...so it is therefore all well and good to discuss this philosophically, but I am not sure how we fund it. That said, regardless of the cost, do I agree with you? Not sure. I don't see how having multiple organizations who essentially compete for talent should be expected to cooperate for the good of football but I do agree that expecting financing to come from sources outside Jamaica is unrealistic, except for funding coming from the diaspora. Where I do agree is that the emphasis has to be on youth, education and coaching. But there is also the rest of the infrastructure - e.g. good fields, travel programs for teams, club development etc. which begs the question(s): how much money will be needed, where will it come from, and is it sustainable? You should stay away from Liverpool matters and focus on Jamaica, LFC lik out u brain so bad so that you cyan think. Sensible posts like this mek we wonder - "Who are you? And what have you done to X?"
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

What people don't realize is that sponsors like to see you have something in place first. They like to see something progressive with accountability before they join. I often speak to these big idea people and say start something small, show some tangible results, even small and you can sell it.

Paul you know that these small academy in the US get sponsorship because they have something place and show a balance sheet. Talent alone will not prompt an academy, you have to have more and that is what we fail to realize.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was thinking same about you,stay away from ramblings of LFC,no one likes to see you in your skirt.

You do make Xcellent points on other topics.

Comment

nothing unique about the situation jamaican football faces...academy systems have successfully been implemented in countries with much more dire economic needs than Jamaica & those that have recently emerged from brutal civil wars

Comment

I am pretty sure they set it up to cater to their cultural and financial situation.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                        I was thinking same about you,stay away from ramblings of LFC,no one likes to see you in your skirt.

You do make Xcellent points on other topics.
                        Me say it firs'....so me win...run go back ah...(okay...I'll save that for Prem thread!)
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                        X