How many nations in concacaf,conembol has a national academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many nations in concacaf,conembol has a national academy

How many in our population group are doing better than Jamaica ? why do we believe we need an entity to compete with others that dont have this white elephant , i mean this european model thats being touted about by some in Jamaican football circles, what do other nations do to design their own system of success,why is it feasible.Why is a national academy not feasible in those nations.

Questions that need to be asked to the powers that be.
    Last edited by Sir X; June 23, 2015, 05:31 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    How many in our population group are doing better than Jamaica ? why do we believe we need an entity to compete with others that dont have this white elephant , i mean this european model thats being touted about by some in Jamaican football circles, what do other nations do to design their own system of success,why is it feasible.Why is a national academy not feasible in those nations.

Questions that need to be asked to the powers that be.
    X your rationale is not sensible. Why?? Jamaica is unique....CONMEBOL etc. is irrelevant. NONE of our clubs is viable financially. Getting to the point where they can have a good development system will take decades.

How many clubs have more than 1 field??
    How many have no dedicated field??
    How many have practice facilities???
    How many have full time pro staff??
    How many of that staff have good expertise???
    What expertise is available to develop 8-16 y.o. boys????
    How many national players play mainly in school ball rather than clubs?
    How much more supported is school ball vs club ball??

None of the answers to those BASIC questions is favorable to clubs. This is why we need a national development solution...

Jamaica must develop its own unique system to support our unique situation. The foundation of ALL our successful sports programs is found in schools...not private clubs. That is actually the real "European model"...club-focused ball. We do not have that focus...and creating that philosophy and supporting facilities will take decades.

Let me know where, when and how our clubs will be successfully developing 8 y.o. kids.. through to senior players.

When you can give a good answer... I'll give your plan another look
    Last edited by Don1; June 23, 2015, 06:58 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

My plan ? ..I called for a meeting of stakeholders to present an economic viable plan,I suggested working with institutions we currently have, I presented others in concacaf and south america doing same,I said our way forward must be unique to our cultural and economic reality,

My plan ?....what is it that you are saying can't work be specific!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

When you can answer the above questions successfully...then I'll give your idea another look.

Your idea is a non-starter because our clubs are pathetic in their outlook, finances and infrastructure ...that aint changing any time soon.

Until then I'll go with my national models:

The essential elements of a structured, long term youth development plan appropriate for Jamaica's unique circumstances:

A Building capacity for expert training of the trainers

B Establishing an academy appropriate to JA circumstances

C Improving the efficiency of the local youth competition

Comprehensive, Affordable, Innovative ...Logical
        Last edited by Don1; June 23, 2015, 07:15 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I don't have a problem looking at your presentation neither do I feel you have to answer any of my queries, as I do yours, we do so at each other pleasure not demands.

In the morrows kinda busy.

Comment

I don't have a problem looking at your presentation neither do I feel you have to answer any of my queries, as I do yours, we do so at each other pleasure not demands.

In the morrows kinda busy.
            I don't get this

I'm not demanding anything of you...and I answered your key question

I'm all for meeting up with clubs, stakeholders etc...that's noice.

You asked why your idea of focusing development around clubs wouldn't work...yes?

Ans: Our many clubs do not have the money, expertise, infrastructure or mindset to develop the critical 8-16 y.o. cohort...And that aint changing any time soon..

That's why I support a centralized, national development solution we can focus our little resources on and be successful

Comment

Read again Don,pretty sure I said stakeholders, Jamaican academy meaning fitting our cultural situation, didn't say around club ,I said a holistic approach is needed and clubs must be a part of this.

Anyway will read and answer tomorrow.

Comment

As pathetic as our clubs are they have a more successful record than the JFF:they identify.. and pick from a pool of local players,a few has done okay competing against their international counterparts,they continue against the odds(the JFF federation is showcasing talents that are already aligned with fairly reputable clubs)to attract buyers from foreign clubs..
                In keeping with the excellent points in your initial post,I think it is worth noting your planwould increase the quality of our local clubs.

My suggestion to the JFF is take the money and resources it is using in a bid for just a showing in the men's national WC and invest it in the U17 ..where it is a win win situation(better chances of doing better in that competition,having more control as opposed to hoping that the right crop of UB40 players will always be available,and having a better idea of where your team ranks(if the U17 does well then they should do well in the U20 etc).
                To invest in the U17 team requires investments in players that haven't reached double figures regarding age.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                  As pathetic as our clubs are they have a more successful record than the JFF:they identify.. and pick from a pool of local players,a few has done okay competing against their international counterparts,they continue against the odds(the JFF federation is showcasing talents that are already aligned with fairly reputable clubs)to attract buyers from foreign clubs..
                  In keeping with the excellent points in your initial post,I think it is worth noting your planwould increase the quality of our local clubs.

My suggestion to the JFF is take the money and resources it is using in a bid for just a showing in the men's national WC and invest it in the U17 ..where it is a win win situation(better chances of doing better in that competition,having more control as opposed to hoping that the right crop of UB40 players will always be available,and having a better idea of where your team ranks(if the U17 does well then they should do well in the U20 etc).
                  To invest in the U17 team requires investments in players that haven't reached double figures regarding age.
                  I agree ...The focus MUST be on the young...Not importing journeymen from foreign points

That's a 100% failed strategy for 17 years now

The killer is...even that nonsense strategy is successful at WCQ....It does NOTHING to develop JA ball

Comment

Read again Don,pretty sure I said stakeholders, Jamaican academy meaning fitting our cultural situation, didn't say around club ,I said a holistic approach is needed and clubs must be a part of this.

Anyway will read and answer tomorrow.
                    ok boss

Comment

Working...
                    X