• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades a try badmind Westham out of the Spot

Sheffield bid to kick Hammers from League
    published: Monday | June 18, 2007

LONDON (AP):

West Ham won its relegation fight on the final day of the Premier League season. Today, fiveweeks after the last game was played, Sheffield United will try to get the Hammers kicked out.

The Premier League fined West Ham for acquiring Argentina striker Carlos Tevez from Brazilian club Corinthians after it was discovered his contract was owned by a third party West Ham admitted that it broke the rules, Tevez continued to play and his goals helped the team avoid relegation.

Sheffield United dropped down instead and now the [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]Blades[/COLOR][/COLOR] will argue before an independent arbitration panel that West Ham should have been docked points as well as fined.
    United say the Hammers, who were fined 5.5 million (US$10.9 million; euro8.1 million), were wrong to continue fielding Tevez, who is debating whether to stay in English soccer or move elsewhere.

"I think we are very confident of winning," Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe said yesterday. "We have a compelling case that's based upon an irrational decision given by the first independent commission that was set up. We would not have pursued going to arbitration unless we thought we would win.

Rules
    "It's the fact one club that has not breached the rules has been relegated while another club that has breached the rules has retained its Premiership status and that's the key argument."

But a report yesterday said United also breached league rules by selling Steve Kabba to Watford with the proviso that the striker didn't play against them in a subsequent match.
    Such arrangements are frequently arranged with [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]loan[/COLOR][/COLOR] deals. But Kabba moved to Watford in a full transfer in January and the Premier League rules say there can be no contractual terms to prevent a player from facing a former club.

McCabe said there was nothing in the contract that Kabba shouldn't play against the Blades the two managers may have agreed between them.
    "I am sure there won't be a clause in the contract," he said. "The contract transferring Steve Kabba from [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]Sheffield[/COLOR][/COLOR] to Watford was one that was open, was honest and was properly looked at by the Premier League and registered. There is no grey area on that whatsoever.

"There are a few incidents, there must be dozens and dozens these last few years, where there may be gentleman's agreements between managers that, in fairness, the clubs probably know nothing about."
    There was a similar incident involving American goalkeeper Tim Howard, whose loan move from Manchester United to Everton was turned into a full transfer in February. But Howard was left out of the Everton line-up in April at United's request and the Red Devils won the game 3-2 on the way to winning the title.
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

I think they were unfairly treated, and as such have a case.The Westham fiasco is not a gentleman's agreement as we know it.
    Besides had the shoe been on the other foot, Westham probably would be doing the same thing.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      I think they were unfairly treated, and as such have a case.The Westham fiasco is not a gentleman's agreement as we know it.
      Besides had the shoe been on the other foot, Westham probably would be doing the same thing.

Blessed
      Sheffield got beaten on the field of play... as much as I wanted Luton and Claude to stay up in the Premiership I accepted long time ago that their team fd up... wah you a try do now that the season is over... West Ham have ambition and try a ting and it work and dem get weh wid it... too bad.
      SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Solution: The EPL should just pay Sheffield (they have it like that) the money that they would have gotten from staying up and just squash it.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

westham should have been docked points.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
            westham should have been docked points.
            Agreed! However, a decision was made ... suh everybody affi live wid it. Sheffield need fi guh down cause their destiny was in their hands on the last day and dem couldn't handle it.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Give it a shot yes Sheffield. You know how much money involved?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X