No announcement yet.

UWI creates history , to play in RSPL next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, well no but they should definitely have a team in the robot Olympiad competition!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I couldn't believe how engrossed I was in ABC's Battlebots show the other night.

http://abc.go.com/shows/battlebots

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Can someone explain this to me. A UWI team would be made up of student athletes, correct? How would the team being in the RSPL be a good thing when:
        1. students would be coming and going each season
        2. are they being paid to play football

I don't understand.
        the team is currently comprised of students and past students. They are debating changing this to include "others" that did not attend the institution.
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Would the "others" be affiliated with UWI in some way, like say employees? I would hope so.

Back in my time there was a strong "workers" team that used to play in the inter-hall competition on campus.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Would the "others" be affiliated with UWI in some way, like say employees? I would hope so.

Back in my time there was a strong "workers" team that used to play in the inter-hall competition on campus.
            Yes it would include staff
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I couldn't believe how engrossed I was in ABC's Battlebots show the other night.

http://abc.go.com/shows/battlebots
              Wow!

Mi neva know seh Babylon tek robot an' mek show outa dat

Noice
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

There is nothing to say the team have to be made up of Student and staff for the NPL. As in the case of Hotel cricket, many of the cricketers have no other affiliation to the hotels. However UWI have been offering scholarship to students for a few years now. It will also encourage other baller to join in.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X