RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick to Gunz!!!!! defense!! Counter with speed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick to Gunz!!!!! defense!! Counter with speed!!

Ja has been unfortunate in the Copa, we should have two points, but so it goes when the ball is round as we saw yesterday. We must understand who we are, we are technically deficient, we cannot move the ball slowly in attack against superior or very organized defence like pguay. We are however good at defending and attacking in an open field, we are faster, stronger than pguay that was wasted yesterday, you must max that advantage on the attack we totally failed to do that, they are well organized defensively thus giving them time is like giving them another advantage, the way to fray that d is attacking quickly in the breakdown of their attack, I thought we got nice intercrpts, getting the ball in transition probably more than ten times, we did nothing, holding the ball up like we were planning a party that everybody has to be together to score. Wasted opportunity.

However funny enough I think we have our best chance against arg, this is partially about styles, our d must continue to get better, tightening space and creating density in the arg attack, their d is suspect, our opportunity must come on the fast break, play total d then set up and alternate speed merchants deshorn and mattocks with quick long balls out if d into attack. That is the way to beat arg, arg is foreman, big puncher with nuff weapons, we are Ali, as a team we are inferior to arg so we must exploit their weaknesses, maximize our strengths, play rope a dope and attack on interceptions fast and furious.

One thing I agree is that if you can't score, don't let them score.

The five man midfield gave up problem. They were very good at passing in close spaces and we were terrible at that last night. Same thing Winnie spoke about in his practice match. Winnie need to go back to the drawing board playing against that formation.

The good thing is Defense. With all the stats and possession and nice play the defense was stable and not really exposed at no time in the game. Nuff man a talk but we are not playing against Trinidad and who would think at the stage only two goals would be scored against us playing WORLD CLASS opponents. Mattocks need to be up top in the Argentina game as when he came on and the first game he was not afraid to press defenders, go for headers and make runs which will keep their defense honest.

We have some work to do on passing and creating plays but this is no joke tournament and who would believe we stand as much chance as most team in our zone to go to the next round.

Boyz don't hold your head down, come out swinging vs Argentina.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      However funny enough I think we have our best chance against ...
      Archived!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yow yuh ready FI dat one! Anyway classic case of super punch versus counterpunch, arg will be coming relentlessly, if we can play relentless press and counter with quick pass and speed, it is possible we can do it and have every chance if committed.

Comment

Yuh sounding like Karl now. Not a good look...or sound!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Haha, let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              Ja has been unfortunate in the Copa, we should have two points, but so it goes when the ball is round as we saw yesterday. We must understand who we are, we are technically deficient, we cannot move the ball slowly in attack against superior or very organized defence like pguay. We are however good at defending and attacking in an open field, we are faster, stronger than pguay that was wasted yesterday, you must max that advantage on the attack we totally failed to do that, they are well organized defensively thus giving them time is like giving them another advantage, the way to fray that d is attacking quickly in the breakdown of their attack, I thought we got nice intercrpts, getting the ball in transition probably more than ten times, we did nothing, holding the ball up like we were planning a party that everybody has to be together to score. Wasted opportunity.

However funny enough I think we have our best chance against arg, this is partially about styles, our d must continue to get better, tightening space and creating density in the arg attack, their d is suspect, our opportunity must come on the fast break, play total d then set up and alternate speed merchants deshorn and mattocks with quick long balls out if d into attack. That is the way to beat arg, arg is foreman, big puncher with nuff weapons, we are Ali, as a team we are inferior to arg so we must exploit their weaknesses, maximize our strengths, play rope a dope and attack on interceptions fast and furious.
              The Coach blundered against Paraguay by not using Mattocks to lead the line for whatever reason. Giles Barnes is not a number 9, can't play with his back to goal, doesn't make good runs. He is far better coming from deeper. Mattocks is far more effective in the way he keeps defenders busy, holds the ball up better and win more aerial duels giving our game a better structure. I bet Winni don't make that mistake again.

Comment

Fully agree, we need quick passing in transition and speed, my first concern is always defence but this team has proved to be quite disciplined in approach so we need to max roles on attack and mattocks should be at top.

We have a lot of work to do in developing strikers, id the right temperament, a strong mechanical motor and a Suarez type brain nothing is too simple to chase, teach theory and practice of finishing in all different locations in the box with varied defender positioning. This is one of two most significant challenges in developing local players, the other being am and we all know the issues there.

Comment

Maybe he just wanted to give Mattocks a rest and try something else. Mattocks does a lot of running and the Gold Cup is coming up too. Now he saw what we were missing, I don't think he will do that again.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Let's see in a few minutes what the side look like.

Comment

Dunny you don' hear seh X seh di man is a rux?? wha' wrang wid yuh? cho man!
                      Peter R

Comment

Working...
                      X