Anyone saw Mexico v Chile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone saw Mexico v Chile?

That was a lively encounter! Vastly entertaining! If ever a match demonstrated the need for even a simple video replay to check for offside, this match did; I believe the two Chilean disallowed goals were in fact onside! definitely the second one.
    Peter R

With that said...that was an amazing game.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It look like me have fi go take a second look pon Sanchez because mi can't see the selfishness Man look like him a balla.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If there was doubt, the proves Mexico is a 'big boy'. There was no cautious Mexican past approach when playing top team. It was attacking with abandon! A if you score 10 we shall score 11 in your face approach.

Not a typically solid well balanced Mexico approach. I think the Mexican players are extremely confident that 'nuh baddi nuh bettah dan wi an we bettah dan most'!!!

Entertaining match for us fanz!
        Poor from the point of disciplined and tactical play. Cannot be considered a good match to ape. ...by our local players and coaches. Hell! ...trust our national players and coaches do not fall for that undisciplined and tactical nonsense!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Having said that why can't Alexis play more like he did when he plays every day for 'The GUNNERS'?

His FA Cup display and his play in this match tells what we all knew he can be TOP OF THE WORLD if he wishes.

Today he was mostly one touch or two or three touches Alexis. he was brilliant! That is how he should play every day. Sweet, simple, sensible swift passing Alexis.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh chatting fart!!

he played the same. several very good runs at the defender...sometimes he lost the ball same way. sometimes he was selfish and sometimes he was not.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A di second look needed. LOL!!!
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                yuh chatting fart!!

he played the same. several very good runs at the defender...sometimes he lost the ball same way. sometimes he was selfish and sometimes he was not.
                I should have been specific!
                Why can't he always play as he did in the entire FA Cup Final match and as he did in 1st half of this referenced match!!!

In the 2nd half of this match he was back to his nonsense ways!

Comment

The first called back goal should have stood. It was no where close to offside. Sanchez' goal was marginal, but I think it was actually offside, by the absolute tiniest of margins!

Good game for the rule makers to start thinking about either video replays for offsides, which I think would prove impractical, or just getting rid of the rule altogether.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why would video replays for offside be impractical? and of course this would be used for 1) when a goal is scored and called back, or 2) when a goal is scored and is allowed to stand but there is a possibility of offside.

On my TV at home I can tell from the replay,(and some broadcasters superimpose an offside line and freeze the image at the moment the pass is made) almost instantaneously whether an offside infringement occurred or not.

How do you think the game would change if there were no offside? Proliferation of goal rats? more long passes into the box?
                    Peter R

Comment

When an offside is wrongly called, how do you fix that? Maybe if it was not called the player could have scored. How does video replay help in those situations? Why are those situations less important than when a goal is scored and called back for offside?!? It would be a simple nightmare!

As for no offsides in the game, they have gotten rid of it in field hockey, which is actually very similar to football. It has not led to more goal rats nor ridiculously high scores. Long passes into the D may have increased but not by much, but the best part is, no team will ever complain about the officials messing up with offsides.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        When an offside is wrongly called, how do you fix that? Maybe if it was not called the player could have scored. How does video replay help in those situations? Why are those situations less important than when a goal is scored and called back for offside?!? It would be a simple nightmare!

As for no offsides in the game, they have gotten rid of it in field hockey, which is actually very similar to football. It has not led to more goal rats nor ridiculously high scores. Long passes into the D may have increased but not by much, but the best part is, no team will ever complain about the officials messing up with offsides.
                        I understand your point, but the simple answer from my point of view is that those situations are just not as important as when a goal results from a suspected offside. In cricket when an umpire gives a NOT OUT call, and the review shows that part of the ball and NOT the whole ball would have hit the stumps, the umpire's call is upheld. So, similarly I think in football, a ref blowing offside just when a player has broken free of his marker say, is just the ref's call.

The best use of video replay would simply to check for offside if a goal has been scored and to ignore other cases.

It would be interesting to see the game played without offside. It would make the game more attacking I imagine. Somehow, I see video replay being used before offside is done away with though.
                        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                          It would be interesting to see the game played without offside. It would make the game more attacking I imagine. Somehow, I see video replay being used before offside is done away with though.
                          Couldn't they give both ideas a try in some lower league for half a season?

The game without offsides would be a different game, but it could even be a better game. Coaches would have to do a lot of things differently.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X