Youth SoccerI man I am taking this to the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth SoccerI man I am taking this to the top

Sass I didn't realise this youth soccer thing was such a serious business until recently.

My 8 yo daughters team is with a club which has an academy they may join next season. However some of them were getting additional skills coaching with a guy from another club and we were going to continue that through the summer. Well we just heard this week that our club sued the guy for stealing some older players and he has a cease and desist order, cannot coach them until court hears the case. I didn't even know you could sue someone for taking away players? The only thing I can think of is that he used to be a coach at our club at one point, so maybe he had a non-compete agreement.

I really believe academy is too damn expensive and time consuming for this age and stage but I don't think she has s much left to get out of recreational league and some of her team are moving on to that, so I may have to suck it up. Ah bwoy

yeah man it is serious Business. Clubs making a lot of money. Pretty much take away a vacation or two on a yearly basis the amount of money you pay. Right now my boys had a good u9 team last year. The same club in a different location had a top 5 team in GA. Because of that a lot of the parents transferring to the other team and mash up our top team. The parents just rushing to join winner when I believe we could make our team better over time. Now the coach and I spoke and He asked my eldest son to play some u11 to challenge him. Now some of the parents who transfer hear and asking about it. It is expensive but I couldn't leave my boys in rec. as both are very good players and need the challenge. They read the game well. Both will now be playing up. I spend at least 5 hours on Saturday and most Sunday from Jan to June and August to Dec traveling and watching them play.

My club have a tournament every spring and one every fall and they collect about 250,000 from each. I don't know about their expense but it is big business and a lot of kids involved. Some coaches take kids to start their own thing but this coach may have been recruiting them while coaching them.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X