RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among the worst decision that Boxhill and ejits made was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among the worst decision that Boxhill and ejits made was...

...not to hire John Barnes as Jamaica national coach and technical director.

At a fraction of the Bora's cost, a very good rolodex--with access to the movers and shakers in professional football...John Barnes was my man for the job. (Steve Sampson was runner-up).
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Are you sure you don't want to retract this statement? Do you know who was Barnes' biggest campaigner on this board?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am resolute with the above statement Mosiah.

HL

Comment

Good to see we can agree sometimes!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Barnes was and will always be the man.Our Next coach has to be Barnes.Its just commonsense.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

And to think about the money we could have saved!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Since when 'saving' money is a criteria for selecting a coach? Which COUNTRY has Barnes qualified for the World Cup again? Yes, Barnes is a lovely chap, but let's give Bora some SUPPORT (at all levels) and get on with the job of QUALIFYING for a tournament especially next W/Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Since when 'saving' money is a criteria for selecting a coach? Which COUNTRY has Barnes qualified for the World Cup again? Yes, Barnes is a lovely chap, but let's give Bora some SUPPORT (at all levels) and get on with the job of QUALIFYING for a tournament especially next W/Cup.
                Thank you Exile. With all due respects to John Barnes the player, he is yet to prove his mettle as a coach at the club level, much less the international level. Going with Bora over Barns may be one of the best decisions this Boxhill administration has made so far.

Why would we want to install someone who is basically unproven as a coach at any level? Yes, I said any level as his run with Celtic was too short for one to classify that as coaching experience.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I do support Bora! But we are paying too much for his services in my view.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I rest my case on this mattah...
                    My view is that the JFF could be losing faaaaaaaaar less money using Barnes as coach (or even myself).

I am holding my breath to hear the result on the upcoming matches against Viet Nam etc. etc. Here goes...hurmfpth

(i wonder how many of us knew about Semoes prior to his arrival to Jamaica. Did You Tilla!!??).

HL

Comment

(i wonder how many of us knew about Semoes prior to his arrival to Jamaica. Did You Tilla!!??).
                      HL, tell me what are John Barnes' coaching credentials? Don't tell me he coached for about 6 weeks in the Scottish Premier League.

You cannot compare Barnes with Simoes, as when Simoes came to Jamaica he was already an established coach both in terms of at the club level and at the international level, albeit not with the Brazilian senior team.

I am not thinking of a coach or TD as any popularity contest, but I would at least expect that if you are going to appoint someone, you would have to make sure they have the necessary experience to do the job.

Barnes is a commentator with the BBC. If he were to give up his job there to take the TD of our national side, the JFF would more than likely have to match whatever he was getting at the BBC.

Anyway, check the attached picture on Simoes and provide me with something similar on Barnes.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tilla; June 16, 2007, 09:31 PM.
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla, be thankful that I was not the JFF president. I would have chosen Barnes.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tilla, yuh think Bora mekking more than what Barnes makes with BBC now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, I was asked if we knew of Simoes before he came to Jamaica. The statement was implying that Simoes had noo experience prior to coming to Jamaica. The info I posted showed he had.

Mosiah, how do you know tha Barnes wanted the Job as TD for Jamaica? If he had any interest, it is very likely the JFF would have signed him. Yuh caan jus gi' ah man a job suh yuh nuh. 'im haffi want it too.

Hiring Bora might have been easier for the current JFF admin than hiring Barnes. Barnes was employed, while Bora was not. If it were a situation that Barnes was demanding the same amount of money as it would take to get Bora, then chances are it would be an easier buy for them to go with Bora.

Comment

I thought it was fact that Barnes was on the shortlist of candidates?!?! The news had even mentioned what he was asking as payment. I dunno, but if he were, I would not hesitate to employ. I would bet my presidency that he would do a great job.

I'm just not going to follow back of the racists who have refused to give him a chance at coaching when so many of his batchmates have been given a chance.

I just don't feel that we are so pathetic to want the biggest names as coaches and we break the bank to pay them. Lazaroni and now Bora!

I would have taken the chance with Barnes.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X