X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz tour Asia/Middle East - squad

June 15, 2007

Reggae Boyz tour Asia/Middle East

The Jamaican National Senior Men’s Team, the Reggae Boyz, will go on a four nation friendly international tour between June 18 and July 4 where the team will face Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Iran.

Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam will be co-hosting the Asian Federation Cup in July.

The tour represents the continued preparations of the team for the World Cup Qualifiers following on the recent game against 43rd ranked Chile.Please see Table below.

Team
    Game Date
    Record (last 7 games)
    Indonesia
    June 21
    2W-2L-3D
    Vietnam
    June 24
    2W-2L-3D
    Malaysia
    June 28
    1W-2L-4D
    Iran
    July 2
    4W-1L-2D

The Technical Director has named a 20 man squad of local based players for the tour. Please see the Delegation listing below.

Official
    Role
    Official
    Role
    Crenston Boxhill
    President

Pablo Camargo
    Masseur
    Orville Powell
    Head of Delegation

Dr. Mark Sanderson
    Team Doctor
    Velibor Milutinovic
    Technical Director

Michael Blair
    Tour Manager
    Donovan Duckie
    Asst. Coach

Player
    Club
    Player
    Club
    Richard McCallum
    Waterhouse

Fabian Taylor
    Harbour View
    Allien Whittaker
    JDF

Richard Edwards
    Harbour View
    Dwayne Miller
    Harbour View

Donald Stewart
    Harbour View

Nicholy Finlayson
    Reno
    Lovel Palmer
    Harbour View

Mario Harrison
    Reno
    Christopher Harvey
    Harbour View

Donovan Davis
    St. George’s FC
    Jermaine Taylor
    Harbour View

Wolry Wolfe
    Portmore United
    Mario Swaby
    Portmore United

Fabian Davis
    Tivoli Gardens
    Rodolph Austin
    Portmore United

Keneil Moodie
    Seba
    Adrian Reid
    Portmore United

Xavian Virgo
    Boys Town

Demar Phillips
    Waterhouse

G.Keepers Defenders Midfielders + Strikers

PATRON: The Governor General

OFFICERS: Crenston Boxhill, President; Linnel McLean, 2nd Vice President;
    Patrick Roberts, 3rd Vice President; Rudolph Speid, Treasurer; Burchell Gibson, General Secretary

The Delegation leaves the island on Monday, June 18 at 2:10 on Air Jamaica flight 032 from the Norman Manley International Airport

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Please excuse the format. Will try and fix it later.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Another prediction comes true:

June 5th, 2007, 07:54 PM
      Mosiah vbmenu_register("postmenu_31159", true);

Rudolph Austin is back playing ball again, healthy and everything. He will be selected next time the Boyz have a match. You heard it hear first!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Great to see Rudolph Austin back in the fold. I believe he's an exceptional talent.

Comment

Looks like your baller Jerry Hue international career deh pon the rocks.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The extension of the tour is good news!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Apparently.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Only Iran should pose some competition for the BoyZ. The other 3 countries-- the BoyZ will demolish like...like ...like ...like what Mosiah?
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

butter? No - like buddah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

forgive my ignorance,but who is Donovan Duckie and what are his credentials?

Comment

Good question!

Donovan Duckie is the coach of St. Georges United of Portland. The recently qualified for next season's NPL.

This must be making some of our coaches livid. All these seasoned NPL and high school coaches and he picks Duckie from Portland! Yikes!

I guess he either liked what he saw, or the other coaches are unavailable since most of them are attending the coaching seminar being put on by the JOA and the JFF.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Good question!

Donovan Duckie is the coach of St. Georges United of Portland. The recently qualified for next season's NPL.
                        I am glad for Duckie (pronounced Dookie). About a couple weeks ago I mentioned on the forum that I had a chance to sit with him and Color when they visited Kansas City to attend a USSF coach's certification course held here. I was quite impressed with the two young men.

This must be making some of our coaches livid. All these seasoned NPL and high school coaches and he picks Duckie from Portland! Yikes!
                        What have those coaches been doing to improve themselves educationally in football? I am glad to see that Duckie taking the initiative to improve himself with training is paying off.

I guess he either liked what he saw, or the other coaches are unavailable since most of them are attending the coaching seminar being put on by the JOA and the JFF.
                        I think he liked what he saw and if he had a chance to talk with Duckie about coaching and the game, he would have said "BINGO!!"

Mosiah, apart from Boyus, how many of our local based coaches see it necessary to seek further training to develop their coaching skills? And I am not talking about the course they are currently running in Kingston either.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanx for this report Mo!,very interesting line up.

Comment

Bora must be impressed by what he has seen of St.Georges to include a player and a coach.

good luck to the team.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Another prediction comes true:

Rudolph Austin is back playing ball again, healthy and everything. He will be selected next time the Boyz have a match. You heard it hear first!
                              You did call it... but is it a prediction or a newz you did a carry?

Seriously though I am eager to see him back because there are few players outside of Bibi or Tyrone Marshall that can solve so many problems for us on the field... High calibre and versatile player...
                              Last edited by Siya; June 18, 2007, 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling
                              SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Working...
                              X