No announcement yet.

Johhny & Brains you think Pool could use a striker like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturridge scored SIX goals in his first five matches in 2013 when Suarez was banned..
    This year he scored 4 in 12 EPL appearances (5 in all for LFC including an FA Cup goal) ... however he played only 753 minutes in those matches so just over 8 full games if you aggregate the minutes played... the metrics (www.squawka.com) say .48 goals per 90 minutes; which would extrapolate to close to 19 goals in 38 EPL matches. Extrapolation is dangerous, but he didn't show any negative performance without Suarez.

So does that answer your question?
    Peter R

Comment

Look through this and tell me the good strikers Rafa bought execept Crouchie that you you hate and the obvious Torres.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ers-reign.html

Some man nuh need facts at all, instead them use faX or act like foX,
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Context brethren is a hell of a thing, so is consistency.If you think this past season was a coincidence , explain the one about to come up.I hope FSG keeps him, Paul is right as I have said from the get go , its all about FSG ambition.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Xactly Johnny - even if you believe Rafa had poor strikers, he got more out of his team, the RUCKS couldnt even do that to lift a cup trophy, biggest cup he ever lifted and will lift is a coffe cup.

So stop harping on pool getting a 20 goal a season striker, he had good strikers to work with and a decent attacking midfield.

Sturry, Balo , Lambert and Boroni, he had no clue , how to get anything out of anyone of them without Saurez creating that space.

Talk di tings Johnny.
          Last edited by Sir X; May 26, 2015, 09:19 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Peter thanks for your honest response, please share with Paul.Johnny yuh not looking too funny, moreso patheticly sad.

Good night.

Comment

So Rafa a even more Rux at buying striker. Debunking another of your lies.

You claim say the man mash up strikers. Do you remember Robbie Keanne and Craig Bellamy?? Talk about mashup.

Do you remember when Rafa try to sell alonzo for 7 million to buy Gareth Barry??? come on now X. There is a record not just your fantasy.

Name the good strikers.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, I hope you are wrong in spades and so should any true LFC fan. For, if BR is the man next season true fans should rally behind him. The owners also need to support him. If he gets this backing, and doesn't achieve the goals and minimum expectations of the club and fans next season, then it will be quite in order to ask him to X-cuse himself! There is no way, in spite of your assertions of luck, that after a season like last year's that he shouldn't have been given the chance to be there this season... and there is no reason, in spite of a disastrous end to to the season , and I mean the last six games, that he shouldn't be given a chance to continue next season, given certain circumstances that have been put forth already; a combination of a work in process team (young) and loss of key figures (Sturridge, no-show Balo etc.). But he will then be under very close scrutiny by all, even his avid supporters, once he is dealt a decent hand to play with. So how about them powder blues?
                Peter R

Comment

Thats your opinion about Rafa.To the point of success whatever you say about Rafa he won things,took us places and made us respectable.

FACT.

Comment

Yuh nuh get it,BR staying is all about FSG ambition ,because he is no good for LFC,it leads us to question the model of success FSG has planned for us to move forward ,they are losing money and will hemorrahge massively in midtable,you cant support that,its bad management of a great institution ,its like saying if you dont support your-a - political party you dont support the nation,seperate the two and stop justifying almshouse.

FSG will only get it when the bottom line drop$$ out ,di rucks cant work.
                    Last edited by Sir X; May 26, 2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      I am very wary of these types of "set up" questions but since you asked nicely an also spoke of LFC in the third person as opposed to "we" I chance an answer but somehow I feel I will regret it Anyway it goes without saying that we (LFC that is ) definitely need a striker or two or even midfielder who can produce goals... two of the ratios you present are greater than a goal every two games which translates roughly into almost a twenty goal per season player which would be very nice. Had we gotten that, hell even high single figures from either Lambert or Balotelli I believe we could very well have been in the top four.

Bottom line is we do need a striker (at least one) who can produce greater than single figures, close to 20 or more would be nice. Sturridge is IMO still an unknown entity for next season as we (I haven't ) haven't heard any update on his prognosis. I hope he heals well and is able and fit by mid-August!

So my guess is you're going to tell me these players are available BUT the manager is farting around? Do I get a prize for guessing right?
                      you get a prize (for indulging this disgrace of a man - LOL!).
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        How many goals did Sturridge and Suarez score before they arrived? I really don't know but I'm sure you will tell me. and Borini?!?!
                        Don't xpec disgrace to ansa u. Sturridge never in his career came close to the goal scoring performances he had under Rodgers at any other manager...neither had Suarez. Under KD, he was a shadow of his goal scoring self as compared to playing under Rodgers. Rodgers big problem is that he needs to find the right balance between experience and youth. Our team is too young.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          So Rafa a even more Rux at buying striker. Debunking another of your lies.

You claim say the man mash up strikers. Do you remember Robbie Keanne and Craig Bellamy?? Talk about mashup.

Do you remember when Rafa try to sell alonzo for 7 million to buy Gareth Barry??? come on now X. There is a record not just your fantasy.

Name the good strikers.
                          Let's not forget Morientes, Voronin, Mark Gonzalez, Albert Riera etc. The point is that every manager has their bad buys and their flops. Ask Slurgie 'bout Diego Forlan or Kleberson. KMT.

Comment

Again you claim BR mash up strikers. He will never mash up as much striker than Rafa did at Pool. Show me the strikers that Rafa get the best of except Torres and maybe Crouchie who you hated.

Maybe Rocky can help you out here.

Comment

Working...
                            X