Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Barnes: "Sterling has not achieved anything"

Raheem Sterling: Liverpool winger not achieved anything - Barnes

Raheem Sterling has "not achieved anything" and should stay at Liverpool, says former Reds winger John Barnes. Sterling, 20, has rejected a £100,000-a-week contract and is expected to tell club boss Brendan Rodgers he wants to leave Anfield in the summer.

Manchester City are linked with the England winger, but Barnes says he would "not become a regular for them". He continued, "Raheem has great potential, but Liverpool gave him an opportunity and he should stay."

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Barnes should be asked if he expects Sterling to win anything under BR...kissteeth.Its more than likely Sterling value would diminish under BR, a coach that plays his star player in 4 different positions through a season ,needs to have his head examined.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

John Barnes is on Liverpool's wage bill so what unuh expect.

Comment

Him bettah tread softly a refuse dem money deh, anyweh else him guh him ago shine di pine, mek him tan deh. Mi si bettah dan him career get destroy, mek yuh name likkle fus nuh.

Comment

So JB['s opinion is SOLELY linked to his connection with LFC? Ok then. What about other pundits?
          http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32790372
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            So JB['s opinion is SOLELY linked to his connection with LFC? Ok then. What about other pundits?
            http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32790372
            Ask John Barnes why he didn't stay at Watford when Liverpool went in for him since Watford had done so much for him these x-players are hypocrites

Comment

Well, you might have a point there; however, from what I read, JB gave Watford six years as a first team player and by the time he moved he had become a proven player. His departure ALSO coincided with the departure of Watford's iconic manager so the parting was made easier for him, as had he felt loyalty (at least to the gaffer) he could with a clearer conscience make the move to LFC.

I think what some of the criticism of RS is that he hasn't reached a point in his development that warrants what he's asking or to be a regular starter at a "big" club.

Anyway, I would not want to keep an "unhappy" player. IMO, he's free to go if that's his wish.
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                Well, you might have a point there; however, from what I read, JB gave Watford six years as a first team player and by the time he moved he had become a proven player. His departure ALSO coincided with the departure of Watford's iconic manager so the parting was made easier for him, as had he felt loyalty (at least to the gaffer) he could with a clearer conscience make the move to LFC.

I think what some of the criticism of RS is that he hasn't reached a point in his development that warrants what he's asking or to be a regular starter at a "big" club.

Anyway, I would not want to keep an "unhappy" player. IMO, he's free to go if that's his wish.
                Peter the best players want to play champions league football and play for clubs that they think have a better chance of winning things. Liverpool and most of their former players are struggling to realize that Liverpool are no longer an attractive option, they are going to find it continually difficult to hold on to their best players

Comment

What you are saying maybe true if Liverpool never finished 2nd last year and 5th this year. What it needs is Sterling and a few others like minded players to get them to the top but I guess everybody wants to go and play second fiddle for the champions. Imagine all the players who left Arsenal for Barca and .........
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

suh mi she tuh!

we all know he is a brilliant player BUT ... he is not an outstanding striker/forward, he is not an outstanding left back and his contribution on the wing has been patchy.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sterling has no right to be demanding Champions League opportunities. He has no left foot and misses easy sitters with his right.

But I would rather see Liverpool get rid of him for a good change instead of having him around pouting like a little beeatch! But it must be a good change!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Football is about here and now, things can change in a blink of an eye. If I was Raheem's agent I would be encouraging him to maximise his potential that means aiming as high as possible as quickly as possible. This just remind me of when Rooney decided to leave Everton. Too soon they said he haven't achieved anything yet, bla bla bla

Comment

Walcott and Bale ?...too sooon, its a joke Dunny, these guys want Sterling to do what most dont, refuse the chance to advance to bigger and better, all because of the nostalgia of the LFC name, it carries no weight with a RUCKS coach and to top it off,midtable and a left back position.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

For every one that succeed ...

Where are the English players Man City signed over the years and the players in their academy??? Now they are willing to shell out to get what?? Real Madrid, Barca is not the place for any young forward currently wanting to build. Sterling scored 7 goals in a whole season and while he shows talent he has a whole lot to work on. Let us see how it work out.

In two years time we will revisit this if he walks away. I am man enough to accept it if he is successful but I hope you will not brush it off like others if he is not.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

= getting as much as possible as quickly as possible" ... nothing wrong with that I suppose but sometimes it should be all about the money.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X