RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jff board changes at behest of FIFA rules!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jff board changes at behest of FIFA rules!!!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...step-line-fifa

Interesting change, give much more power to parish associations!!!!

This could be a good thing right??? Mosiah???
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Why were 33 needed? sounds like a huge number!

Why does the JFF have to follow the political divisions (parishes) for football (development)? is this for convenience or do we in fact need associations structured along parish lines?... without being on the ground to give a considered opinion, here is one anyway , IMO we place too much emphasis (locally) on parish affiliations to the detriment of country advancement. But I don't really know
      Peter R

Comment

KSAFA had the most reps on the board, now they just have one like everybody else and they are saying they should have at least 2 since they represent two parishes.

It seems like this might favor Burrell leadership as they have always been his main opposition.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"The FIFA Performance Programme provides financial assistance to all 209 of its affiliates. However, Jamaica has not been afforded a grant for almost a year because it had too many members on its board."

JFF = Just F@$#%&* Foolish

JFF will now have 17 Executive Members (which includes Burrell & his 3 JFF vice presidents)......Interesting, that's the same number for US Soccer Board of Directors.

Comment

The parish geographic boundaries is a natural fit.

Allows for development being seamless infants through adults.

Our lack of rapid growth is due to poor leadership top to bottom. Lack of good. quality and tremendous level of ignorance at the technical aspects of the game.

Either of lack of vision or ignorance on technical matters will lead to disaster. Both gives the failures we are enduring. Look? ...our results on quality of the players graduating from our system/numbers making it to the world's top leagues and failure to produce quality TEAMs say it in most emphatic manner

It would flying in the face of logic to claim otherwise.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That's my point... if the USA used the same political boundary formula as does JA to decide on number of board members, then you would have at least 50 members; what are the 17 who oversee the USA programme doing? we waste so much $$ on fat cats that the $$ are diverted from the grassroots. So I see it. Karl replied that aligning with parishes is a natural fit... why wouldn't aligning with the counties (three) not also be a natural fit?

By contrast a company like Apple has seven members on its board and I can almost be certain that it is a way more complex organization to oversee than the JFF
              Peter R

Comment

"The Board of Directors of U.S. Soccer is the governing board of the Federation in accordance with the Amateur Sports Act of 1978. Consisting of elected members representing all facets of soccer in the United States, the Board administers the affairs of the Federation between meetings of the National Council."

President
                Sunil K. Gulati

Executive Vice President
                Mike Edwards

Immediate Past President (non-voting)
                Dr. S. Robert Contiguglia

Athlete Representatives
                Jeff Agoos, Chris Ahrens, Cindy Cone

Pro Council Representatives
                Don Garber, Alec Papadakis

Adult Council Representatives
                Arthur Mattson, John Motta

Youth Council Representatives
                Evelyn Gill, John Sutter

At Large Representative
                John Collins

Independent Directors
                Carlos Cordeiro, Fabian Núñez, Donna E. Shalala

CEO/Secretary General (non-voting)
                Dan Flynn

Comment

Who are the:
                  1. player representatives
                  2. youth development reps
                  3. premier league reps
                  4. business reps???

Why 3 vice presidents & what are their functions???

Comment

Very interesting board, seems like it cuts across the various types of organized football rather than being geography based. Would be interested in knowing how they picked the independent directors who take three of the fifteen voting spots, what's that like 20%. I know one of the independent directors and I have never known or heard of a football interest till I saw the name here.

In the Jamaican situation representation at the parish level is not a bad idea, the power is really dispersed that way, however in interest of game I could see a regionalism developing with west and central combining at expense of surrey and ksafa. A better model would be population driven. Two from each county and the rest non chief positions based on county population would be fair. In that case Middlesex (1.3 million)would get the most as that is the most populous county by far, with surrey (800k) next and Cornwall (700k) pulling the rear. Those are rough numbers, not perfect put probably around 95% correct.
                    Last edited by Stonigut; May 17, 2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

That was kind of the way it was and KSAFA was a power broker. The problem with Jamaica is too much politics comes in play.Kingston always had the influence in most matters, now let us see how it work with them only having one vote like everybody else. Maybe they can get some real discussions going in stead of political huddling. I am not sure if this will be anymore effective but the bigger board was simply not working as people get on board because of who they supported and what they got.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah, I can imagine. Well now The skipper have three definite yeahs plus his, then there is five western parishes, what dat nine of 17, how much you need to get anything pushed through??? Sound like he is good, but I can imagine that the margins are going to be much tighter, going to have to hold people real close, Nuff hugging and back rubbing.

Comment

Working...
                        X