Chelsea & GUNNERS at the top of their game are the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    Karl, your Arsenal player knocked Cesc's knee. It is clear from the video and although I now you will not admit it, if the referee had the benefit of seeing what we can, he would have called a penalty.

Anyway, I won't beat a dead horse here as I know you are only going to dig in your heels. I don't have the energy for an argument that is not going anywhere.
    Wah dat?
    You know not that of which you speak!
    Of course there was contact! I would be blind to not have seen that!
    ...but Santi Cazorla had no intention of committing an offense and did not commit an offense!

I cannot believe you are attempting to deny that Fabregas threw himself to the ground. Diving wins you a caution! Fabregas got his just deserts! A CAUTION!

btw - Tilla, do you know that contact does not necessarily translate into a foul being committed? Think on that!!! ...pleeeease?!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

As they say in Jamaica, the higher the monkey climb, the more he exposes.

Karl, Carzola did not have to have intent for it to be considered a foul. You a former referee should know that. Here is a refresher for from FIFA's Law of The Game.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
      trips or attempts to trip an opponent
      • jumps at an opponent
      • charges an opponent
      • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
      • pushes an opponent
      • tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following three offences:
      • holds an opponent
      • spits at an opponent
      • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred
      (see Law 13 – Position of free kick).

Penalty kick
      A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.
      The referee missed the trip by Carzola on Cesc, but that does not mean that Carzola was not at fault and should have been sanctioned.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
      X