Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea & GUNNERS at the top of their game are the

TEAMs of this EPL season!!!

Simply the best! Better than all the rest!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Penalties!!!???!!!

The first incident when Oscar was poleaxed by Ospina - PENALTY!
    There is no need to discuss that one - PENALTY, pure and simply!!!

The second: Cesc and Cazorla!
    Good call by ref! Cesc dived or as the Americans say, "he dove!"

I have one stance on those 'second leg = trailing leg suddenly paralyzed...freezes and mysteriously just cannot make the reflexive and normal move to keep one balanced and upright!

Just imagine if we all walked around and suddenly our trailing leg froze and egads...could not follow through to keep us upright? Impossible that we would go around 'hitting the ground.

Caution!
    Good refereeing!

Arsenal should have had a PENALTY!
    When the Chelsea player slid in and used his arm to take control of the ball = move it away from the attacker that is a PENALTY!!!
    No debate! PENALTY!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Walcott

Comment

Question: Sanchez & Welbeck?

A who foola?

Comment

Congrats to Chelsea AND Arsenal.

Comment

Chelsea's #21 was a

BEAST! He was absolutely outstanding!

Comment

The second: Cesc and Cazorla!
              Good call by ref! Cesc dived or as the Americans say, "he dove!"
              You and the ref got it wrong Karl. There was contact by Cazarola on Cesc and it should have been awarded a penalty, not a yellow card.

You can watch it here.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=intl:2419637

Arsenal should have had a PENALTY!
              When the Chelsea player slid in and used his arm to take control of the ball = move it away from the attacker that is a PENALTY!!!
              No debate! PENALTY!!!
              At lease the referee got this one right. It was a situation of incidental contact (ball hitting hand). The player went into clear the ball his hands outstretched to break his fall and give him balance. The ball got deflected and went to hand. I am not sure how you would call that a hand ball.

But let us say the referee erred and gave a hand ball. The score should have been 1-2 and Chelsea leave with 3 points.

I think Chelsea should challenge the Fabregas yellow, as it means he will be suspended because of yellow accumulation. Video evidence can be used to show that Carzola did make contact and therefore the referee should not have carded the Chelsea player.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Congrats Tilla, attended the game today, excellent performance by your team today Sir. Great defending and game management. My boys weren't bad either. I thought you have a slight mental edge on us we were a little bit scared of losing the game I thought, however pleased with my team progression over the season. Arsenal are definitely back in the mix.

Comment

Thanks Dunny. It was a good game, apart from the two none calls for penalty by the referee. How on God's earth does the referee not call a foul on the goalkeeper when he took out Oscar? It it had happened outside the box, I am sure he would have called it.

Secondly, the foul by Carzola on Cesc, then to add insult to injury, he turned around and yellow carded Cesc.

Looks like the ref had a check to pick up after the match.

Good game though and I am sure you guys will be a force to be reckoned with next season.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    You and the ref got it wrong Karl. There was contact by Cazarola on Cesc and it should have been awarded a penalty, not a yellow card.

You can watch it here.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=intl:2419637
                    It proves what I said, Cesc threw himself to the ground by refusing to take a normal act - 'continue his run'!

Tilla: Have you ever continued running by refusing to use your leg off the ground?

At lease the referee got this one right. It was a situation of incidental contact (ball hitting hand). The player went into clear the ball his hands outstretched to break his fall and give him balance. The ball got deflected and went to hand. I am not sure how you would call that a hand ball.
                    Deflected off the ground?
                    Post the video...please?

Looked to me like a world of a mistimed tackle by Gary Cahill. Went full stretch for the ball missed!!!

Comment

Oscar? Hopes he makes a full recovery!

The perils of the game!
                      The goalkeeper came as fast as he could for the ball...a faster man got there before him! No way brakes could have been applied given the effort and the balance of the 'keeper! No malice or evil intent!

Just a tough break for Oscar!
                      Get well soon, boss!

Comment

Karl, your Arsenal player knocked Cesc's knee. It is clear from the video and although I now you will not admit it, if the referee had the benefit of seeing what we can, he would have called a penalty.

Anyway, I won't beat a dead horse here as I know you are only going to dig in your heels. I don't have the energy for an argument that is not going anywhere.

Comment

Matic. Always outstanding.

Comment

football is a contact sport. not all contact is penalised. other factors include whether the player embellished the contact

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Football is a contact sport, but not one in which you trip a player and get away with it. The referee erred, even if Cesc were to exaggerate the effect of the foul. A foul in the box should lead to only one thing - a penalty to the player fouled.

Anyway, many other experts side against you and the ref on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X