• Show
Clear All

• US beat Mexico 2 Nil last night....

...in front of 64000 fans
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Have you seen Brick ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

good game, bad field.

It is more like MLS vs the Mexican league. Nuff crowd.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Good Away Victory

Originally posted by HL View Post
        ...in front of 64000 fans
        The cheers and chants could be heard from both sides, but it was obvious who was in the majority as the 65,000 inside mostly wore green, white and red -- the colors of the Mexican national team.

"We are way bigger then them, look at this," said Mexico fan Victor Falcon. "This is full of Mexicans. They got a little group there, but once the game starts, we'll see how it goes."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshkatz...icans-2-0-win/

Comment

Calling that pasture a field is being kind.......US Soccer needs to get off their a$$ and pay attention to the "details", like the use to. They are more focused on all the money they're making & ignoring things like making sure there was a good playing surface.

Comment

Playing against Mexico, especially in the border states, will understandably have more Mexican supporters & this was San Antonio.

Comment

In reality, it does not matter where the game is played--for the Mexicans to outnumber the opposing team incl. the US.

In games that matter to the US...they control the venue and ticket allocation to the opposing fans 'specially Mexico.

HL

Comment

All I can say is anytime the US and Mexican federation want to make a money they just call up a few bench warmers and put it in a big stadium. Sure way to get some dollars. That is the only real reason I can see for that game last night.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The game last night was also used to build on the team pool & look at where some players are.

Comment

True.

I recognized about 3 Mexican players last night.

Klinsman is really trying very hard with Brek Shea. He has some quality--but needs to be much more consistent.

HL

Comment

And Mexico got scored on by a college player!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD42O8bZ2VU
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

That Mexican team, especially the GK will be spurned for life!!!

HL

Comment

Delightful that at one period in the match the USA gave a hint of what is to come. During that period, the players were very, very good at playing football! Movement and passing was very, very good...brilliant even! When they put that together with the TEAM USA's other attributes of great attitude and hard work for each full match they could move into the World's top 3!

Sign of things to come?
                          Such play would have the USA separate from the CONCACAF pack by a hell of a wide margin!

Aside: mmmm? Klinsmann integration of some of the USA's real talented players - minorities - occurring at the same time such effective and beautiful play raises its head may not be a coincidence...right?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X