No announcement yet.

Still waiting for Martin Sketel to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tbink he has a judgement problem,it is hard to tell where he fits in as long as he is hindered by that problem,it was his pin point cross from the right flank that Rooney scored from.
    Do Maria aims at the goal post when he shoots,maybe it he aims at the keeper tge ball will go in proximity if the goal post.LvG did allude to De Maria's coordination being iff as a result if the injury he sustained earlier in the season,and I am seeing evidence of that.
    He is an intriguing player though.

Comment

He's definitely world class. He just needs to knuckle down on his game.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Of course DiMaria's handling the ball did not warrant a card, but Phil Jones ' tackle was red cardable.
        Why did Suarez get sent off the field in WC 2010 against Ghana? Did he get a yellow card or a red? Why didn't he get a yellow?!?!

When does an intentional, deliberate handball have to do with judgement? When a goalkeeper makes an error in judgment and handles the ball, what happens to him?!?

At the very least, Di Maria deserved a yellow card. I can understand not giving him a red out of sheer shame and embarrassment for the fellow. But it deserved much more than a simple freekick.

As for Phil Jones' tackle - only someone like Lazie could possibly think that Gerrard's offence was more egregious. Yes, a stamp when the ball is not even close is awful, it's mean, it is vicious. Jones' was all the above plus had the real potential of breaking a leg!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Why did Suarez get sent off the field in WC 2010 against Ghana? Did he get a yellow card or a red? Why didn't he get a yellow?!?!

When does an intentional, deliberate handball have to do with judgement? When a goalkeeper makes an error in judgment and handles the ball, what happens to him?!?

At the very least, Di Maria deserved a yellow card. I can understand not giving him a red out of sheer shame and embarrassment for the fellow. But it deserved much more than a simple freekick.

As for Phil Jones' tackle - only someone like Lazie could possibly think that Gerrard's offence was more egregious. Yes, a stamp when the ball is not even close is awful, it's mean, it is vicious. Jones' was all the above plus had the real potential of breaking a leg!

Well Suarez was red carded for preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Goalkeepers get red carded for handling the ball outside the box when they are preventing a goal scoring opportunity. Are you implying that DiMaria prevented a goal scoring opportunity for Liverpool?

Well, the referee and I saw Jones and Gerrard the same way. Gerrard intentionally tried to harm his opponent. Jones was simply late to the ball. Stop inserting your fabricated facts Mosiah.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            ... and DiMaria should be booked for that? I am of the view that a booking wasn't necessary but let us hear what the pundits have to say.

Phil Jones' tackle was late, the ball was there and Henderson moved it. He got the correct card. How is that seen as a bruk foot tackle? .... Gerrard got ejected so any foul after that Liverpool fans wanted red.
            The LAW is that handball is cardable...by definition...every handball should be cardable because if you handle the ball unintentionally, it is not an offence. Refs are not consistent, so no magic there...remember, it is a game of laws subject to interpretation, not rules...so almighty power lies with the ref. In that instance, I would not have given a yellow but there could be no argument if there was a yellow. Had he done it in his own half or under pressure, my *guess* is it would have been a yellow.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Fine! I can accept that.

How about Jones's "late tackle"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

so you are saying that intent is a factor when deciding whether to card for a handball? or is it that once a handball has been called the ref is obliged to give out a card? when is a handball a red card offence?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Fine! I can accept that.

Sitting here in limbo ....
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    so you are saying that intent is a factor when deciding whether to card for a handball? or is it that once a handball has been called the ref is obliged to give out a card? when is a handball a red card offence?
                    I just re-read the law (Law 12) - it appears that you can get:

1. A Red card - when the player handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Like when your (and my) favourite player denied Ghana an obvious goal in 2010.

and

2. A Yellow card if the ref decides that the player's handling of the ball constitutes "unsporting behaviour". Hence, I can see why DiMaria didn't get a yellow. So not quite accurate to say "intent" other than if "intent" constituted "unsporting behaviour" (in the ref's opinion).
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Fine! I can accept that.

bwoy Mo...I have given up trying to understand how di ref dem call di game...no consistency, no standards. Ridiculous. If that was a Sunderland player at OT, Anfield, Stamford Bridge or Emirates, him woulda be tekin' an early shower. Dem partial.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        I just re-read the law (Law 12) - it appears that you can get:

1. A Red card - when the player handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Like when your (and my) favourite player denied Ghana an obvious goal in 2010.

and

2. A Yellow card if the ref decides that the player's handling of the ball constitutes "unsporting behaviour". Hence, I can see why DiMaria didn't get a yellow. So not quite accurate to say "intent" other than if "intent" constituted "unsporting behaviour" (in the ref's opinion).
                        Yes, I will low Di Maria. Afterall, he is having such an ordinary season after all the money spent on him. But Phil Jones should have been sent off!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, I will low Di Maria. Afterall, he is having such an ordinary season after all the money spent on him.

Wow! As low as a true Scouser. I held you in high esteem, but I see you're no better than Paul Marin and not to mention the one true Loserfool fan, heX. Y'all crawl in the same gutter.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He is the least of gour worries,after all ,he wasn't needed in the dismatling if Liverpool.

Comment

Working...
                            X