No announcement yet.

Finally, U.S. Soccer is getting serious about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I haven't seen it. Part of the problem with US youth soccer is too much money is in it. You have a winning programs and you attract a lot of players and you can charge what you want. Development comes second in many cases. Maybe MLS Academies will be more concerned about development, and not the business of youth soccer.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'll search for it & post it......He was focusing on the academies in the USSDA (U.S. Soccer Development Academy), which include about 100 teams from MLS, USL, NASL & stand alones which were the MAIN feeders for the national youth program & U.S. Soccer has some say over "operations".

Comment

I remember when the shift was made to the Academy program and I read what they wanted including Academy players not representing high schools and focus on building these clubs in the different states. At the time I thought it was mostly good ideas.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The academy coaches were pretty much receptive to Reyna's suggestions & it seemed to be working as they had clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, etc. start plucking their players.

Comment

Working...
          X