Finally, U.S. Soccer is getting serious about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, U.S. Soccer is getting serious about

advancing soccer in the U.S.A.........I can give U.S. Soccer some free advice - Remove Richie Williams & Tab Ramos.
    http://www.socceramerica.com/article...ting-firm.html

How many Jamaican clubs have partnerships with MLS clubs???

Comment

that should be "active partnership"
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Once you have a partnership agreement, it's active until 1 or both parties choose to rescind that agreement......It's up to either party to use that active partnership to benefit their organization for their growth & development.

Jamaica not only has players & coaches in MLS, they also have players in MLS academies, so they should be looking at ways to use this as leverage to get help for Jamaican clubs, coaches & youth players.

Comment

Are these agreement written anywhere or just in principle. Usually when you have trade you hear about some program or possible development but it was never followed up, not from the MLS club and not from the NPL club. Once can remember at one stage Metro Stars was talking about a deal with HV when they signed the striker Taylor.

I have seen nothing to suggest that these deals so far has work or is still in progress.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's where the Jamaican clubs have to make sure that they are BENEFITING from any partnerships & that they get what they agreed on. This is a business & they have to approach it that way.....They have to be pro-active.
            I think it was Mosiah that said Portmore & Portland Timbers had a partnership, but he didn't know the details......It came from the Alvas Powell loan & resulted in their invitation to play in Portland's pre-season tournament, but haven't heard if technical help was a part of this partnership.

Comment

Hmmmm....have to agree with you on this one USAF.

I have seen the U20's under Tab Ramos...and I was disappointed with the performance. There's no creativity. Same with Richie Williams.

The irony is that I have seen both players [play] many times. They are very hard working and talented. That does not transfer to the teams they are currently responsible.......
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

problem is what is the details. The thing is clubs normally use this as sweetner to get the signing but some things may not materialize and may not be in writing. Not unique to MLS and NPL clubs.

Comment

The national youth program got a blow when Claudio Reyna left the Youth Technical Director position for the NYCFC job & instead of U.S. Soccer taking their time to hire the RIGHT person, who shared Reyna's vision, they handed the job to Tab Ramos.......And I don't know how Richie Williams, who constantly seems lost as a coach, kept his job after failing to qualify the U17 team 2 years ago.

Some people need to know that not because you like someone & have a good working relationship with them makes them qualified to lead.

Comment

Haha......

That is all I can say.

Comment

It's BUSINESS & the Jamaican clubs must learn that.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                        The national youth program got a blow when Claudio Reyna left the Youth Technical Director position for the NYCFC job & instead of U.S. Soccer taking their time to hire the RIGHT person, who shared Reyna's vision, they handed the job to Tab Ramos.......And I don't know how Richie Williams, who constantly seems lost as a coach, kept his job after failing to qualify the U17 team 2 years ago.

Some people need to know that not because you like someone & have a good working relationship with them makes them qualified to lead.
                        I am sure you realize...like in any business--there's an "old-boys network" that is at play.

I am sure you remember when Alexi Lalas was given the management position at MetroStars and LA Galaxy... how he loused things up.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The thing is Klinsmann liked these 2, especially Ramos, so they were brought in, BUT I would have preferred if he had brought in at least 1 qualified, experienced & proven youth coach, from outside the country to lead the national youth program & surround him with very good U.S. youth coaches to learn & grow.

Comment

you have some good ones within the US too, who have been in the trenches but may not be political or former player.

A lot of qualified coaches has come in the US to work in the youth system and others work their way up but.......

Comment

Have you seen Reyna's plan, when he was the youth TD???......He was revolutionizing the whole U.S. youth coaching system, as he thought there was too much emphasis placed on academy teams to win championships rather than the overall growth & development of the players.

Comment

Working...
                              X