• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments!

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    Care to comment Karl?
    http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...of-it_18572708

It is my belief that football should be played on the front foot. Meaning that the game should always be played with a positive impetus to go forward and win. Consequently, the idea of play or philosophy at the heart of my work is "one touch football", characterised by many fast actions going forward and active ball oriented defending. Contrary to popular perspective Jamaican football as a consequence of our culture, physical capabilities and natural tendencies will never be at its best if all we do is try to copy other countries and top professional clubs. Obviously, we will of necessity copy ideas, styles and methods. The key is to tweak these to fit our culture, abilities and natural tendencies. - Colour

Please read his entire set of suggestions=ideas=philosophy?
    I am thinking it encapsulates the lessons I have been giving here over the years.

Quality of players: Fast - mind, speed across ground, fast feet...; athletic = e.g. great balance, can jump high, 'hit the ground and rebound in an instant', explosive e.g. quick acceleration, strong, smart=good at grasping concepts=tactically good=TEAM orientated; technically wonderful.

SUDDEN - one-two lacka dirt! = EASIEST WAY TO GET BY AN OPPONENT = come wid yuh fren...
    ...changing point of attack or SUPPORT 'showing' for receipt of ball by players off the ball! ...providing TEAM-mates with options...passing options on attack

TEAM = all attack - on possession - and all defend - when not in possession!

SHAPE = good ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE = tactics

EASIEST WAY TO GET BY AN OPPONENT = come wid yuh fren...

TEAM! TEAM! TEAM!

...and adopt best practices=best actions from best TEAMs....etc., etc?

...and besides saying all that and more on the forum it is backed up with articles on the main site - reggaeboyzsc.com (columns)

Aside:
    The irony is that seen inability of our U-17 to adhere to what its teacher believes... but then the teacher had to contend with players who spent all their football lives having embedded into their consciousness so much "wrong". Colour's limited time with them could not turn them around to quality he desired.

Pray the Lord that he is allowed to continue his teaching of these U-17 youth!!!

As mi seh - TALENT ABOUNDS...the necessary teaching...top quality teaching missing!
    Last edited by Karl; March 17, 2015, 11:43 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Who exactly need fi apologise??

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

People who a talk bout me a mash down coach fi big up Colour and bout mi a say bad things bout the u20 players, amongst other thing. I am sure you see that I was "shamelessy promoting" Colour, mi never see your response to things like that.

So you aright then leave it alone, mi take a lot of stick but mi stick to mi guns in what I believe unless I see facts to show me otherwise.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

!

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
          Gamma cho man! Yu caan jus' leave well enough alone? I still can't decide what's worse.....a Sarah Palin speech or a Karl thesis.

Good to 'see' you!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mi know a never me yuh a talk.

Buy why do you think that this document from Colour will win over detractors? Do you agree with everything he wrote there?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't think it will win over too many but maybe a few, but it does show what he was doing and trying to achieve. I never agree with everything LOL!!! but it put in out in the open domain where it can be discuss and feedback given. Where are the other coaches publications, and snippet, so other young coaches can use some parts and discuss it?

I will go into what I like and what I don't later, but the fact that he has some conviction and willing to publish his standard and what is expected is something I like very much and is needed to put some life in coaching and what is needed and what is to be expected.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

IMPOSTER!!!!!!! who are you and what have you done to our bredrin karl?!! we have a particular set of skills ......

that was too short no way is that karl!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

This might absolve Tappa and explain the performance of the U20 team! Do the compare notes?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Good to 'see' you!
                    Great see you as well King Karl. Nice to see the vibes are still great on the forum.
                    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

historian might take a different view, but historically he is kind of uptight!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good question you ask him. Not sure what this have to do with fictitious things that was being attributed to him.

He is a solid coach. Made some good choices and also made some errors and will continue to grow and learn from the experience.

Comment

He did a great job! In the final analysis, he had to work with what he had...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            , mi take a lot of stick but mi stick to mi guns in what I believe unless I see facts to show me otherwise.
                            Good talk

Like The Captain you go down with the ship.... along with your misguided theories

Bravo
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The Haitian coach was very critical of the style of play. But it looks like he would have been better off playing that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X