Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The long and short of it - Colour explains his philosophy

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...of-it_18572708

It is my belief that football should be played on the front foot. Meaning that the game should always be played with a positive impetus to go forward and win. Consequently, the idea of play or philosophy at the heart of my work is "one touch football", characterised by many fast actions going forward and active ball oriented defending. Contrary to popular perspective Jamaican football as a consequence of our culture, physical capabilities and natural tendencies will never be at its best if all we do is try to copy other countries and top professional clubs. Obviously, we will of necessity copy ideas, styles and methods. The key is to tweak these to fit our culture, abilities and natural tendencies.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Care to comment Karl?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      Care to comment Karl?
      Gamma cho man! Yu caan jus' leave well enough alone? I still can't decide what's worse.....a Sarah Palin speech or a Karl thesis.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
        Gamma cho man! Yu caan jus' leave well enough alone? I still can't decide what's worse.....a Sarah Palin speech or a Karl thesis.
        Palin's is shorter, much shorter, so I'll take the broad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Palin's is shorter, much shorter, so I'll take the broad!

lol...but the two a dem favor still...

Comment

Benjamin......erm.....T.K. welcome back sir. You were missed.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Well we really only hear from Palin every 3-4 years ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Did he copy that from BR? or vice versa ?
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Benjamin......erm.....T.K. welcome back sir. You were missed.
                  But wait.....now I'm Ben? You nuh easy. lol. I remember the days when I used to be accused of being the great JB. Now I've been demoted to Maudib? Bwoy...look like mi ratings drap pon de forum yaw. Need to bring them back up.

Oh and don't think I didn't see your little quip about THE PHENOM below. Is what yu have against club promoting again? It's an honest living breds. We don't kill champion we raise dem. If Freddy was spinning wax at a club in your neighborhood you know you'd be there. Don't lie.

"Russia 2018: Freddy's World Cup" will be coming to a tv screen near you. Watch di ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    Well we really only hear from Palin every 3-4 years ...
                    You know the funny thing is that I feel we really only hear from Karl every 3-4 years because that's how often he writes a coherent post.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                      I still can't decide what's worse.....a Sarah Palin speech or a Karl thesis.
                      Ouch!

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

I voiced this philosophy years ago , unnuh love dig up archives bout mi, mi a beg unnuh find dis one.

Glad we have a youth who thinks like X.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Some man round yah need fi apologize or hold them corner.
                          Now look on the team and you see Colour imprint on it.

All mi have fi say is good talk Colour. Now you see the difference between a COACH and a coach? The man have his tatics and sell it to his players. Colour will also listen to advice, but he is his own man that will make his decisions while seeking help and preparing his team.

Good job Colourman.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

therapy works!

Comment

Dis is a sup'mn yah nuh ordinary, yout coach a layout a strategic plan fi include dialogue fi forwod inna di ball. Love it, show di depth ah di man thinking bout dis ball ting. Kina long still, but it is a great plan fi work from. Ah Portlan!! suh some reason an logic haffi deh deh. Big up yuhself coach at least yuh hab a plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X