RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 CONCACAF U-17 FINAL TOURNAMENT: How good were we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please answer the question posed:

Now again...explain WHAT TEAM ELEMENTS MAKE the Jamaican team equal or better than the US?
    Thanks in advance
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

First I have nowhere said the Jamaican team is better. Both teams are about equal The Jamaican defense played better, the US right back is good going forward but not good on his back foot. The Jamaican team is more athletic and as Colour tell you part of his plan was to recover and defend. The Jamaican team confused the US team and that is a part of the game. It didn't allow them too much space to go forward. In the second game the US coach made an adjustment that playing a defensive mid right in the middle about the defenders and it seems to have worked somewhat.

Again these are just a few of the things that happened in the real game. Not just technical touches. Again the US team is not WAY better than the Jamaican team.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So you have concluded that the JA team is "more athletic". LOL! The whole world knows that

You have already been lectured about the fact that at this U-17 level INDIVIDUAL athleticism is often decisive...that advantage dissipates rapidly after 16 y.o. Jamaica uses this great natural advantage to offset woeful tactical & technical defects

Since your opinion is the two sides are equal...How would this JA side be improved??

Get even more "athletic" or acquire adequate technical & tactical skills????

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

"Since your opinion is the two sides are equal...How would this JA side be improved?? ""

You see you guys always trying to fit an agenda. The fact that teams played at same level in the tournament have nothing to do with further improvement and the glearing fact that there is a lot of upside and more technical skills need to be taught. What it proves is with more development including technical skills we could beat the US team in the future.

Simply that, but technical team doesn't necessary transfer to winning team or great teams, it takes a lot more. Technical teams not necessarily winning team and we have seen it over and over again.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

STATS - This is what I found

For the tournament -
            http://www.concacaf.com/category/under-17s-men/stats

For the 1st matchup -
            http://www.concacaf.com/category/und...-detail/218534

For the playoff game -
            http://www.concacaf.com/category/und...-detail/218540

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

It is however strange that none of you talking about the stats that matters
              Some stats:
              http://www.concacaf.com/category/under-17s-men/stats

Sass: What does the appove tell in terms of favourable ranking on a TEAM totem pole?

Our position, please?

Your comments on how that fits your suggestions on our U-17 being on par with the USA? Please note that before you start typing you take note that there are 10 teams and in every category we are lower than 4th...and most often below 5th!

PLUS =
              Where are the possession stats?

Here - My eyes say we would also be ranked somewhere nearer to the bottom of the barrel than the top!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The boys showed great desire, a fighting spirit and good athleticism to compete with a technically & tactically superior US side. The US created FAR more goal opportunities...but fortunately for us they failed miserably to execute in the final third.

First... the boys & coaches/admin must be congratulated for their gutsy performance

Second...their performance level must be analysed vs the competition and weaknesses identified. They're way behind technically & tactically compared to the other top teams. That weakness will bite us in the a$$ as they age

Third.... their development work must be stepped up 3-Fold to be able to improve the technical/tactical aspects of their play. Otherwise they won't be able to compete and we'll see the insane Reggae Boyz to Watch circus again

Ah juss suh di ting set
                Last edited by Don1; March 17, 2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

A few questions.

If they were the best that they could have been, do you think development would stop there??

Do you think the US will not go and try to improve on their short coming for us, if should ever meet again the coming months are years?

Development shouldn't stop. The US got more chances but most of them were not clear cut chances and first and foremost why they didn't score was the defending, not luck. I personally don't think there were 5 better teams in this tournament than Jamaica but then again only if we actually played two other games from the other zone we would have had a better idea hence my disagreement with Karl's original post.

Comment

You put up a stout defence of a weak case

Your Colour Prejudice is on full throttle

GWAAN SASSAFRAS!!!

Comment

My point is not specific here it is general, but I am sure if we were to get the stats I would bet us had advantage possession, anyhow I don't believe in that kind of ball anyway. You make good point on penetration, if stats were kept for that then a great stat is possession in the attacking half. I believe ball possession shows the team skill and teamwork qualities but as I said that the most important is maximizing your strengths and exploiting weakness of opponent, there is no perfect solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X