U-17: Our players definitely do not understand the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Me View Post
    Sometimes Karl says some strange things. That is something that they have been consistent with througout the tournament. You don't have to like the style, but the effort is always there.
    Guess the only thing I can assume is you have seen "effort" in football matches.

Boss in the first half the players were consistently being beaten to the ball by the US. When our guys started to put in the effort the US players were hole 'eap more times beaten to the ball. Again - if you did not see that 2nd half injection of effort den yuh eida nuh kno heffort hat ball or yuh bline!
    ...boat hah dem hah bad sin'ting
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Zaire Bartley from the redbulls academy. He was extremely poor last game, but improved greatly in this one.
      Ok thanks, I could tell that he has a good understanding of the game.
      Promising youngster

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Every single one of these youth are giving maximum effort physically, you can question their decision making etc but you can't question their effort.
        That's what I saw. But it doesn't surprise me that Karl was seeing something different.

Tenk God wi see it fi wiself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL,I am not being sneaky or anything like that but do you feel very happy with the results or are you foolishly depriving yourself of that inherent right?

Comment

Sometimes Karl says some strange things. That is something that they have been consistent with througout the tournament. You don't have to like the style, but the effort is always there.
            Guess the only thing I can assume is you have seen "effort" in football matches.

Boss in the first half the players were consistently being beaten to the ball by the US. When our guys started to put in the effort the US players were hole 'eap more times beaten to the ball. Again - if you did not see that 2nd half injection of effort den yuh eida nuh kno heffort hat ball or yuh bline!
            ...boat hah dem hah bad sin'ting
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Pills bossman.

Comment

But ah wha dis Faada?

Yuh finga stuck inna yuh keyboard???
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Get him the pills fast.

Comment

Get him the pills fast.
                    LOL
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                      The defence was very good in that half (2nd), won so many balls cleanly!
                      Peter, the effort made at closing down and getting to the ball was up 1000% on that made in the first half...and as a result the US missed clean clear easier to miss than score opportunities plus...yes, additional our 'keeper kept us in the game. In that half he made at least 2 great saves.

The 2nd half you saw.

Why all these fanz would wish to claim the effort in the first half was not waaaay lower than that in the second...and as fact that 1st half effort was less than desirable or needed and equal to NOT PUTTING IN NECESSARY EFFORT...is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                        HL,I am not being sneaky or anything like that but do you feel very happy with the results or are you foolishly depriving yourself of that inherent right?
                        Mek HL move and gwey. There is no joy for him in our victory.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True it wasn't pretty but a win is a win. I was saving that for tomorrow.

Comment

Sounds like a little luck, sometimes that helps, but that foolishness don't work when opposition steps up.

Wicked win today, thanks for your commentary Karl.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                              Sounds like a little luck, sometimes that helps, but that foolishness don't work when opposition steps up.

Wicked win today, thanks for your commentary Karl.
                              Re: Luck
                              Yup! ...but then that's football!

Re: Opposition step up
                              I think the US was caught off guard in the 2nd half. They came out...I am thinking/assuming...perhaps even told by their coach, 'continue doing what you are doing and the chances shall keep coming (as they had in the first half) and to himself...'some are sure to go in'????

...so when that furious hounding and the mad rushes on their goal occurred they panicked. ...and just could not get it back together.

One thing we learned - The US enjoys pressuring but if the intensity from the opposing team is strong enough...they will crumble!!! If we had more TEAM ball - (...even with the technical quality we had) - to go with that pressure we applied it could have been for the US - Massacred!

Also underlined - Talent Abounds...but it needs nurturing and the talented must give effort - FULL 100!

Comment

At least the man can be around and not make any excuse.

It seems like man a prep "matey" now. LOL!!!!
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X