Empire Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Soldiers

Yesterday's match reinforced what I believe LVG has been trying to do all season. LVG is being pragmatic and trying to deliver on his bosses' mandate when he was hired - get us back in the CL. LVG inherited a squad of mediocre players that are not up to European standards with the exception of a few. The coach cannot trust his defenders and has to enforce tactics to protect them. Luke Shaw has not delivered on his promise. The good thing is that he's young enough to learn and improve into the position, but right now he's not up to standard. He was being burnt by the Ox all evening. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling have not lived up to their promises and if we want to get to the standards set by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, they will have to go. If not the two, then at least one. I would keep Smalling. Jonny Evans must go without question. Blackett and McNair need to continue their education and next season they can be filtered into more starts playing the lesser competitions. Valencia is not a right-back. He was sold short by Jones' chest down pass that brought him under pressure. Rafael is a red card and an injury waiting to happen every time he plays. DiMaria needs to find his footing in the league. We can either keep and give him more time to adapt or let him go if he's unhappy and invest in some cheaper quality. Januzaj needs to increase his pace of learning now. He's no longer considered a new young player. He holds on to his ball one or two touches too long. Yesterday both his and DiMaria's cards were deserved. For the remaining matches in the league, I want LVG to continue his cautious approach and hope that we hang on the CL's spot. Come summer, he can continue his overall.

In hindsight, Falcao was a bad buy. However, I will not fault him on sell Welbeck despite whatever the critics say.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

There was nothing wrong with the quality of the players Fergie left at the Club
    There is nothing wrong with the quality of Juan Mata who arrived after Fergie left. There is nothing wrong with the quality of Smalling or Jones. I agree that Valencia is not a right back.

Comment

You can't have a club with Smalling, Jones, Raphael and Johnny Evans as your defense.

They are all one game away from injury and red card. There is no stability there. Always coming back from injury.

There was some quality at the Manu but no real playmakers or heart in midfield except Carrick. Van Persie seems on the downside. Time to give Wilson and paddy a run. Manu making too many back passes and can't connect in the final third.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Agree with the sentiments...
        The fact thay Blinds was ushered into playing wingback to facilitate Carrick coming on coupled Rojo once again being reduced to a utility player with the insertion of Jones,can't be seen as his acquisitions are worthwhile.de Maria being substituted also is wothin the same vrin,if his acquisitions are lackibg then who are the players thst are mslng a meaningful difference?
        Three things I found solace ...;his starting lineup was spot on,a ten men Man U showed tenacity in making a strong case fir all possession..,and Carrick filling a void in the midfield that has been largely overlooked to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
          Agree with the sentiments...
          The fact thay Blinds was ushered into playing wingback to facilitate Carrick coming on coupled Rojo once again being reduced to a utility player with the insertion of Jones,can't be seen as his acquisitions are worthwhile.de Maria being substituted also is wothin the same vrin,if his acquisitions are lackibg then who are the players thst are mslng a meaningful difference?
          Three things I found solace ...;his starting lineup was spot on,a ten men Man U showed tenacity in making a strong case fir all possession..,and Carrick filling a void in the midfield that has been largely overlooked to date.
          Man U main problem is confidence and uncertainty, too many changes to systems square peg in round holes and bad decisions on the recruitment side of things

Comment

Since you insist on inserting yourself into our business, let me educate you. We Empire fans knew from many seasons ago that our side was weak and playing above their abilities, but we didn't want to give you haters the satisfaction to publicly decry our manager. The last time the team was up to standard was when we had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo leading the attack. Fergie neglected to upgrade the team because he had the formula to winning the EPL without too much strain. Everything changed when Abramovich came and started spending big money.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              Since you insist on inserting yourself into our business, let me educate you. We Empire fans knew from many seasons ago that our side was weak and playing above their abilities, but we didn't want to give you haters the satisfaction to publicly decry our manager. The last time the team was up to standard was when we had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo leading the attack. Fergie neglected to upgrade the team because he had the formula to winning the EPL without too much strain. Everything changed when Abramovich came and started spending big money.
              Educate me about football? You are a comedian. Enjoy the Europa league!!

Comment

Counting your chickens before they hatch I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Yesterday's match reinforced what I believe LVG has been trying to do all season. LVG is being pragmatic and trying to deliver on his bosses' mandate when he was hired - get us back in the CL. LVG inherited a squad of mediocre players that are not up to European standards with the exception of a few. The coach cannot trust his defenders and has to enforce tactics to protect them. Luke Shaw has not delivered on his promise. The good thing is that he's young enough to learn and improve into the position, but right now he's not up to standard. He was being burnt by the Ox all evening. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling have not lived up to their promises and if we want to get to the standards set by Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, they will have to go. If not the two, then at least one. I would keep Smalling. Jonny Evans must go without question. Blackett and McNair need to continue their education and next season they can be filtered into more starts playing the lesser competitions. Valencia is not a right-back. He was sold short by Jones' chest down pass that brought him under pressure. Rafael is a red card and an injury waiting to happen every time he plays. DiMaria needs to find his footing in the league. We can either keep and give him more time to adapt or let him go if he's unhappy and invest in some cheaper quality. Januzaj needs to increase his pace of learning now. He's no longer considered a new young player. He holds on to his ball one or two touches too long. Yesterday both his and DiMaria's cards were deserved. For the remaining matches in the league, I want LVG to continue his cautious approach and hope that we hang on the CL's spot. Come summer, he can continue his overall.

In hindsight, Falcao was a bad buy. However, I will not fault him on sell Welbeck despite whatever the critics say.
                  We need to get a better right back, the youth at Southampton is an option. We need a more dynamic forward to play up top with Rooney. We got the best we can out of RvP, he can now go back to Arsenal or the Netherlands. LvG needs to show more faith in Mata and Herrera. Most importantly, we need a commanding CD. Jones nuh good enough, I'd rather take a chance with Smalling. When I saw the ball DiMaria put on rooney's head, I shouted, "Yes!!! He's back" ... but then he got a silly red card. Let's see how the team rebound from this?
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Arsenal must be commanding two spots,there is however the question,what if a relevant Welbeck Arsenal finshes in front of Man U?

Comment

I rediscovered BeIn Sports this season, so I've been watching more European ball. I am also keeping my eyes firmly on the multitude of players that are linked with Empire transfers this summer. Comparing our players with other European players.....there are very few comparisons. Rojo needs someone solid beside him. All this hullabaloo about playing 3 defenders in the back, most of the top teams end up playing like that during the game. It's not easy to uncoach the hoof mentality that many of these English players have.

Comment

This is innerestin' to rahtid...!!

As yuh closest and noisiest neighbor, it just nice to see y'all falter and crumble.

And just get off Valencia's back. The boy played his aSS off last night. Review the game.

Even the best player will make errors from time to time.

You'all still have a good team.

BTW. I heard that Fregie call downstairs and requested that 5 minutes be added at the end of regulation. It didden elp.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Objective criticism is not faltering or crumbling. Those extra 5 minutes reminded me of the good old days. I didn't lose hope until I saw the clod Phil Jones raaasss di damn ball into touch.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                            This is innerestin' to rahtid...!!

As yuh closest and noisiest neighbor, it just nice to see y'all falter and crumble.

And just get off Valencia's back. The boy played his aSS off last night. Review the game.

Even the best player will make errors from time to time.

You'all still have a good team.

BTW. I heard that Fregie call downstairs and requested that 5 minutes be added at the end of regulation. It didden elp.
                            HL .... if Welbeck was still a MU player, that pass from Valencia would have been the best pass all season. I am quite certain if one of your players did that you would be climbing up the wall.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I know the feeling very well Lazie!!

I know every manager has their style.

I am yet to see LVG motivate his players from the side line. (It's also a point made by some analysts).
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X