U-17: Honduras ran the US to a stand-still. We should ape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-17: Honduras ran the US to a stand-still. We should ape

that Honduran effort...but play greater TEAM. The game was there for Honduras but too often there was a shot when a pass would have done the trick. The Hondurans wasted 5 or so chances to be in on the US goal.

We have to beat the US by putting in the effort and playing smart=well organised & TEAM ball/sensible simple passing and moving game.

So many of the US players were dead on their feet in that Honduras match. Particularly in the 2nd half they were outrun and brushed aside by the fitter Hondurans who then failed to use their better placed player instead often going for wasteful low %age shots=going for personal glory to the detriment of TEAM, TEAM-mates & ironically...SELVES
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Karl,I am beginning to see why from,the get go the side displayed unbelievable confidence,if the defensive side catches up with the ataccking one ,beating the US is guaranteed!
    I am not talking our cetral defenders unable to make the difference,I want to prevent that from reaching that stage.

Comment

The midfield gives the team a chance to beat anyone. For the past year they have been giving up space in the practice games, but the offense always looks dangerous.

Comment

What we talking bout fidit, fidit, fit fit, yuh haffi fit, so Black Uhuru say.

Jamaican teams are not fit, they do just enough to be competitive on the fitness business, can you imagine how tough we would be with fit, mentally strong players.

Comment

Karl it is not just defense, it is a lazy defensive team mentality. As you say with supreme fitness and conditioning and a few better instinctive defensive minded players this team could be something good.

Comment

Working...
          X