No announcement yet.

It look like mi have fi go start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned yesterday that you did not see the previous under 17 team (that was prepared by Wendell and Colour). Let me tell you how that tournament went.

That team escaped with a point against a Panama team that ran us ragged, could only draw with Barbados, who looked like they could win and then got disciplined by Canada 4-2. We looked like we could be scored on on almost every play our opponents went forward.

So when I saw the preparation that many of those same players received (at the club and national level) subsequently and leading up to this tournament, I was not surprised.

Comment

When are they going to stand up???? Even if they train for two years JFF might just appoint a coach 3 weeks before competition.

It is time for them to stop complain and take action that will benefit them in the long run. JFF running a patty shop and the coaches them love patties??

Coaching job in Jamaica is too much "eat a food" for 3 months
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Mexico who were rampant had 1 international game prior to the tournament
        This statement alone demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of CONCACAF.

All of Mexico's players play with PROFESSIONAL clubs throughout the year. Most of our players were playing SCHOOLBOY football and PARISH LEAGUE competitions.

In preparation for the tournament Mexico didn't need to play a host of internationals because they have top quality clubs in Mexico. You say they only played 1 international, yet ignored that they played numerous friendlies against Mexican PROFESSIONAL clubs and have been to multiple training camps.

Comment

That is a good question Assassin. Is not everybody in the staff well qualified like Edwards and can eat a food without the JFF. and the JFF likes that because they maintain control.

Comment

I read from where Lennie Taylor say the product was there ripe for investment when the MLS came along because of the work the coaches did on the ground.

It is not about the education but been professional. The coaches have to set their own standards to be successful head coaches. If they continue the way the do, they will continue to have 3 months job moving from school to school, club to club. Edwards and Duckie started out pretty much same time and both were promising, make Duckie was ahead of Colour but I am disappointed the way he choose to take his career, and this will not bring out the best in them. So it is not about education, colour got Coaching education because he is smart(not book smart) and determine.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

try to get up to speed with the region. These are SOME of the friendlies Mexico played leading up to the tournament.

Pumas, Toluca, Guadalajara, Zacatepec, Coyotes Tlaxcala, Guatemala (twice)
              Colombia (during a tour of Chile), Toros Neza, Iran, Malaysisa and China (during a tour of China), Feyenoord and De Graafschap (tour of the Netherlands, Ireland, Indiana University (tour in the USA).

There is NO COMPARISON, so please don't tell us anything about 1 international again.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                This statement alone demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of CONCACAF.

All of Mexico's players play with PROFESSIONAL clubs throughout the year. Most of our players were playing SCHOOLBOY football and PARISH LEAGUE competitions.

In preparation for the tournament Mexico didn't need to play a host of internationals because they have top quality clubs in Mexico. You say they only played 1 international, yet ignored that they played numerous friendlies against Mexican PROFESSIONAL clubs and have been to multiple training camps.
                It better you let it go because it's an insult to suggest I don't understand CONCACAF football. The argument or the excuse you guys have been using is a lack of preparation and I am pointing out that it's a folly. Now you telling me that Mexico's players play with professional clubs. If Jamaica was to come to England and pick all pro players you would hear the outcry about UB40 bla bla bla. Unuh stop making excuses the performances were down to the quality of the coaching and the ability of the players it is as simple as that. If Tappa had 5 years preparation the results would've been the same. Can't beat Aruba for god sake come on!! Pathetic

Comment

You don't understand CONCACAF. If you did, you would not have INACCURATELY said that Mexico only played 1 international game prior to the tournament.

They played numerous games and had multiple camps and tours leading up to the tournament. And you were COMPLETELY UNAWARE.

Only in your world will a bunch of school boys slapped together right before the tournament look like they were not. The same set of school boys who tied Barbados at the under 17 level and then go back to the Manning Cup devlopment program.

Comment

You don't understand CONCACAF. If you did, you would not have INACCURATELY said that Mexico only played 1 international game prior to the tournament.

They played numerous games and had multiple camps and tours leading up to the tournament. And you were COMPLETELY UNAWARE.

Only in your world will a bunch of school boys slapped together right before the tournament look like they were not. The same set of school boys who tied Barbados at the under 17 level and then go back to the Manning Cup devlopment program.
                    How many international games did Mexico play?

Comment

These are just some of the games they played leading up to the tournament. How many do you count?

Guatemala (twice)
                      Chile (during a tour of Chile),
                      Colombia (during a tour of Chile),
                      Uruguay (during a tour of Chile),
                      Iran, (tour of China)
                      Malaysisa (tour of China)
                      China (tour of China)
                      Feyenoord (tour of Netherlands)
                      De Graafschap (tour of Netherlands)
                      Ireland (twice in Europe)
                      Pumas
                      Toluca
                      Guadalajara
                      Zacatepec
                      Coyotes Tlaxcala
                      Toros Neza,
                      Indiana University (Visit to America)
                      Notre Dame University (Visit to America)

Comment

These are just some of the games they played leading up to the tournament. How many do you count?

Guatemala (twice)
                        Chile (during a tour of Chile),
                        Colombia (during a tour of Chile),
                        Uruguay (during a tour of Chile),
                        Iran, (tour of China)
                        Malaysisa (tour of China)
                        China (tour of China)
                        Feyenoord (tour of Netherlands)
                        De Graafschap (tour of Netherlands)
                        Ireland (twice in Europe)
                        Pumas
                        Toluca
                        Guadalajara
                        Zacatepec
                        Coyotes Tlaxcala
                        Toros Neza,
                        Indiana University (Visit to America)
                        Notre Dame University (Visit to America)
                        what year you talking bout boss. They played Ireland twice in 2014 that is the only 2 international games, thought it was one but it was a two game tour in May, games against club sides don't count in this argument.

Comment

Dunny,

Kindly just concede and don't embarass yourself.

Those games are ALL FROM 2014 going forward in PREPARATION FOR THE TOURNAMENT IN JAMAICA.

Despite it being a silly not to count friendlies against professional clubs (especially when some of them are overseas like the Dutch clubs) or like the two games against the Universities, I will act like they don't count as part of the preparation. For your sake.

Now if you take out those games that do not count, how many International Friendlies do you see?

Comment

Easy no Me. You a rough him up too hard. Ireland close to the UK so it stands to reason that is those games alone he would know about. You're expecting too much here methink.

Comment

Thanks for the information on Coley, as I said there must have been a reason.

But the resources for the u20 is not that much and they were also preparing the u23 and if I was the u20 coach I would feel like the odd man out and demand my slice.

Comment

So the U20 coulda play some more RPL teams?? What a novel idea?

No them only can play international games. I know you like myself is saying the could be better prepared playing more local games and ore local training.

Comment

Working...
                                X