Jaaaaaawge!!! From The Jamaica Gleaner Mar 26, 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
    Any fool knows that the team with the most goals wins the game as in any sport.. most points wins..

Many fools therefore believe this is the most critical aspect of the game of football.

When you graduate to higher level come back and talk.. right now yuh not qualified to discuss Tappa Whitmore.. dem tings biggah dan yuh.

Football fi yuh can apparantly be condensed to a series of shots on goal.. put in a petition.. each team tek consecutive penalty shots minimum 5 each.. if a tie continue shooting till a team leads by two...

Heh, heh.
    Mexico is the best team in the World in ball possession... They have gotten to two quarterfinals at the world cup, go tell their success starved fans about ball possession is the most critical aspect of football. Brazil took some embarassing losses between 1998 and 2001 because they just changed their whole approach and spent those years moving away from possession ball to the lightening counter. It's no longer pass the ball around and starve the opponent of possession (that was in yesteryear before that 3 nil loss to France in the Finals of WC '98) its now minimize the amount of touches required to get into the opponents box complemented with numbers in the box - you didn't know that did you? He Heh!!!!
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Siya mi nah go discuss coaches' decision here.
      If the Brasilians don't see Tappa as ineffective then it's fine with me. I just hope you are not trying to say andy can ifluence or change game quickly as Tappa. Andy is not Tappa. I notice you conveniently forget the game where Tappa took the ball from Andy (near corner post) and dismissed a defenders to pass in a sea of Rboyz in the six yard. Now did they score? noooooo, but everyone here is blaming tappa to mask the truth (Ja is a low socring team beacuse of poor coaching at the youth level, hence we don't produce quality finishers). Now I don't know if you can handle the truth.

Siya you were missingf from the board for great period. Boss I have said countless times how laza and dunga were the ones to say Brasil will not win a title the way they have played in the past. if you want to take credit for that, go ahead boss. Just remember not beacuse one points out that birds can fly means that they are a sage. Bless.

Comment

sigh. anyway, mi a tek whey misself from dis. wi discussed this almost 7 years ago!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"If you cannot know by intelligence or theory, then you should be able to know by practise...." (does not apply if you are insane)
          You can know when Ben J is out of aces argument wise. That is when he turns from putting forth good argument to support his position to attacking the individual he is arguing with. This is laughable fi true.

Ben, we know you is more intelligent than most on here, but do try to keep the argument to just football. Hitting below the belt is not allowed.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Afterall, did he not attend a good school?!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Siya View Post

Hot Mexico blank Boyz

Mexico's Miguel Zepeda (centre, in green) jumps for the ball ahead of Jamaica's goalie Donovan Ricketts (centre, with gloves) as Jamaica's Ian Doodison (left) and Ricardo Gardner watch during the first half of their 2002 World Cup qualifying match in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium yesterday. Mexico won 4-0. - Reuters
              By Nodley Wright, Staff Reporter
              Another surprise was to follow as the coaches continued to ring the changes. Jermaine Johnson replaced Williams, Jamaica's best midfielder, while the ineffective and inconsistent Whitmore retained his place.
              Yup sure nadley was not just into the groove of calling Whitmore names?

I recall the game well. We gave as good as we got excepting in the vital area of scoring goals. Best football I have ever seen us play in the Azteca.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jawge, there is a reason why Clovis and Laza have not been entrusted with leading the charge of any national team since Jamaica. Laza was hoping we would keep him after he failed with the Boyz at the last WCQ.

I value the objective analysis of Nodley over those two as you cannot tell what they were seeing. It so happens that I agree with Nodley as that is the way I saw it too. A lot of times some of these Jamaican journalists can be off in what they see, like one who was saying Fuller had a peach of a game in the last Gold Cup. Maybe he had a different meaning for "peach" as if you eat too many of them. . . You get my point.

On to the DVD, nuh bodder as you will not be proving anything to me. As I said, Diego was playing ball in 1993 with a top Italian club side. That was a year before the World Cup. Tappa has announced his retirement from international ball almost two years now. I think it would be more difficult for Tappa to get back to that level than it was for Diego using drugs.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                  Tappa has announced his retirement from international ball almost two years now. I think it would be more difficult for Tappa to get back to that level...
                  That is one of the areas where your arguments on "Tappa nuh good" always falls down.

Let me do a little analogy - In 1968 (?) Lennox "Billy" Miller ran the 100M in somewhere around 9.99 secs - 10.00 secs. (Olympic Silver medal - Not sure of year.)

In 1972 he ran somewhere aronnd 10.30 secs (Olympic Bronze medal - Not sure of the year).

Clearly his standard of performance had fallen off...but, he was still our top 100M man.

If we use your reference to Tappa and the passing of time...although it is clear Tappa is not the same type performer he was in 1998...damn he is not the same performer he was in 2002...2004...he is still our top techincally efficient man...you care not too hoots about that/his performance/his ability relative to 'the rest' - kick him to the curb, you say!

Now I ask you, 'makes good polocy'?
                  Last edited by Karl; June 11, 2007, 10:15 PM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

By extention you are safely saying that Nodley
                    can coach Ja's senior men's team. Correct? Let's ask the JFF to hire Nodley as coach instead of Bora because we would be making some serious savings here. Tila you just showed the mindset of some people in JA that thinks they know the game. Boss Nodley was only expressing his opinion. That was not an objective analysis. Where has nodley coached before? Does Nodley have the insight to see that Ja is low scoring team? Can nodley see that most of our players are plagued with a poor first touch? Can Nodley see that we are plagued with poor shooting techniques? Can Nodley see that most of our players passing accuracy is poor and our we lack discpline under pressure (tends to boot the ball high and bypass the middle) Deigo and zidane would have the same problem as Tappa with the circumstances described above. When Nodley can understand these basics and put it in context of a tem then both of you and Nodley can speak about objective analysis.

Boss is which Italina team Diego was playing for in 93? You are just proving my point: Deigo lost a lot of weight but what sunk him was hwen he was able to ran with those athletic nigerians (whose avg. hgt was six ft) they said come Diego let's test you. Under normal circumstances that game should have been given to Nigeria and Arg. chased home but beacuse of tradition and history it was allowed to pass. Without Diego those Nigerians would have destroyed Argentina. I think that was one of the best African teams (except for Cameroon of WC90) You keep missing my point if Arg had used Diego the way Mexico used Hugo Sanchez in 94
                    it wouldn't be a problem but at the time Arg. had no creative genuis in their middle, hence they were totaly dependent on Diego. Tappa doesn't have to run the whole ninety mins boss. Right now he has a lot of time to prepare for a WC (years). deigo had months. As I said come correct or none at all.

Comment

Bad analogy. In T&F the numbers are there for all to see, hard and sure. Not the same in football. It is a matter of opinion whether Tappa is still "our top technically efficient man". In my opinion, he is not, and hasn't been for years!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        You can know when Ben J is out of aces argument wise. That is when he turns from putting forth good argument to support his position to attacking the individual he is arguing with. This is laughable fi true.

Ben, we know you is more intelligent than most on here, but do try to keep the argument to just football. Hitting below the belt is not allowed.
                        Mi ask you some pointed questions.. yuh side step dem..

Water deep out here.. mek sure yuh cyan swim...

Comment

You should know a thing or two about sidestepping.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Man a use Nodley to confirm what them feel.
                            LOL

Andy was more effective than Tappa. LOL. Man a use Downswell to confirm that. LOL

This forum is hilarious.

Man complain seh Defenders a bypass midfield when them ballers play, but it name disappear when it come to TAPPA. Simply hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Bad analogy. In T&F the numbers are there for all to see, hard and sure. Not the same in football. It is a matter of opinion whether Tappa is still "our top technically efficient man". In my opinion, he is not, and hasn't been for years!
                              The man's 'touch'/technical ability - right foot and left foot and his passing - is there for all to see. He just needs first rate physical conditioning and a few matches.

But, hey...Bora and Boxhill call the shots!
                              We just watch the actions ...attend matches $$, cher for the REGGAE BOYZ and weep when they fail to fulfill our expectations!

Comment

It's easy to just side with the people who should be geniuses. I respect those who have a point of view and are not afraid of stating it, regardless of whether or not it parallels a Brazilian's.

We act like Brasilians can't make mistakes. Well, surprise! I spoke with Lazaroni after we were eliminated from the WCQs and he was quite apologetic about his role in the qualifications. He said he made some mistakes and was eager to apologise to the nation for it. If you listen to some people, this is not possible. A Brasilian making a football mistake?!?! (Nuff respect to Laza for his candidness and humility in admitting that mistakes were made. Like every Brasilian I've met, he was always gracious and kind.)

So, for those of us who are unable to think for ourselves when it comes to football, go on mimicking the views of some Brasilian. The rest of us will continue to be brave and feisty in coming up with our own opinions, realising that we all put our pants on one leg at a time, in Sao Paolo and in Mocho.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X