"Deja Vu all over again"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Deja Vu all over again"

Andreas Pereira rejects new Manchester United contract as Juventus look to snap up youngster (just like they did Paul Pogba)

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Andreas Pereira rejects new Manchester United contract as Juventus look to snap up youngster (just like they did Paul Pogba)

Now why would any promising young player would want to stay at Man U when the new policy is to buy overpriced Galacticos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      Now why would any promising young player would want to stay at Man U when the new policy is to buy overpriced Galacticos.
      Dunny,clearly you are not going to attempt that. How many players that came through the MU youth system has played so far?
      1. Evans
      2. McNair
      3. Blackett
      4. Vermijl
      5. Reece James
      6. Janko
      7. Welbeck
      8. Januzaj
      9. James Wilson
      10. Pererira
      11. Thorpe
      12. Jesse Lingard
      13. Cleverly
      14. Fletcher
      Maybe only Southampton can come close or have a longer list.

Don't bother with the hypocrisy Dunny. All of the teams MU competing with are buying ... including your beloved Arsenal (Welbeck .. know him?) so why wouldn't MU buy to compete with Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That is not good. All I know is that if he's even near as good as Pogba then we should be moving mountains to keep him. We also should cough up the money to get Pogba back. He's that good.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          That is not good. All I know is that if he's even near as good as Pogba then we should be moving mountains to keep him. We also should cough up the money to get Pogba back. He's that good.
          Pogba not coming back Jangle, don't see it happening. A contract was offered to this youngster and according to reports he refused it.

Comment

LvG cleared the way for Blinds and still see the need to play our best striker in the midfield.Valdez is apparently a motivational soeaker but quite honestly was there any need ti break the bank to get a substitute keeper?
            Pogba left when we had midfielders that gave a good account of themselves,this lad is leavi,g whe, ckearly there is an urgent need for midfielders,it takes a lot to unhinge a player that came through the youth teams,Pogba is not being helpful but what he is saying has its appeal to the lad,if there is a priblem with the negotiations,why isn't he being fielded?

Comment

If the youth is good enough, LVG will give him a chance. Valdez was signed as a free agent. Pogba didn't want to wait and left to our loss.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If Pogba was good enough,Fergie would have given him a chance?
                We nust never nake that mistake again.

Comment

Fergie gave him a chance bout out of repect for Gigs and Scholes he had to make Pogba hold on a little while the agent wasn't very patient.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And Cleverly?

Comment

Dunny,clearly you are not going to attempt that. How many players that came through the MU youth system has played so far?
                      1. Evans
                      2. McNair
                      3. Blackett
                      4. Vermijl
                      5. Reece James
                      6. Janko
                      7. Welbeck
                      8. Januzaj
                      9. James Wilson
                      10. Pererira
                      11. Thorpe
                      12. Jesse Lingard
                      13. Cleverly
                      14. Fletcher
                      Maybe only Southampton can come close or have a longer list.

Don't bother with the hypocrisy Dunny. All of the teams MU competing with are buying ... including your beloved Arsenal (Welbeck .. know him?) so why wouldn't MU buy to compete with Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs?
                      Lazie, you are either losing it or you not reading my post properly. Did I say the new policy? So why are you giving me this list of names? The Man U way under SAF was always to try and bring through the youngsters however things have now changed. It is now the Galactico era so young players would be better off at Liverpool, Tottenham or a club like Arsenal where they have more chance of playing games and developing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Lazie, you are either losing it or you not reading my post properly. Did I say the new policy? So why are you giving me this list of names? The Man U way under SAF was always to try and bring through the youngsters however things have now changed. It is now the Galactico era so young players would be better off at Liverpool, Tottenham or a club like Arsenal where they have more chance of playing games and developing.
                        Foolishness. How many of the names listed above was given their debut by LvG? How many youngsters Pool, Spurs and Arsenal buss recently? Everybody buying, so why point finger at MU for doing the same.

Comment

Foolishness. How many of the names listed above was given their debut by LvG? How many youngsters Pool, Spurs and Arsenal buss recently? Everybody buying, so why point finger at MU for doing the same.
                          Andreas Pereira is a very talented young player send him come to Arsenal and we will show you is worth. These Man U youngsters know they will only get games in pre-season when they look at other young players like Sterling, Ibe, Berkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Akpom, Stones they must be wondering whats happening when they can't even get a game against Cambridge, Yeovil or Preston. Time to move on I think!!

Comment

what bout Cleverly. Cleverly was seen as a great hope and play a few games but hasn't delivered. I think Cleverly have been older and a little bit more developed at that stage.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Cleverly did not fall victim to Fergie's respect for Giggs etc but Pogba did,besides Pogba immediately made an impact at Juve,so age proved irrelevant..,in hindsight there is no question he should have been a 'keeper'.
                              All I am saying is put the midfielder to the test,it is consistent with addressing the needs of the team and may very well prevent Man U from making another HUGE blunder.Can you imagine if two of our youth players emerge as top class players after leaving?
                              Our youth programme will become a feeder..
                              Last edited by Rockman; February 26, 2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X