X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now Gerrard a cuss MArio? Really?

Mario Balotelli showed 'disrespect' during penalty, says Steven Gerrard

http://www.espnfc.us/uefa-europa-lea...steven-gerrard

Henderson can take penalty like Mario? In all the years I've seen Mario take penalty i've only seen him miss one. I agree with Mario, take charge.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Should he have taken the ball from Henderson, or should Henderson not have handed it to him? Did Balotelli disrespect Henderson? or did Henderson demonstrate leadership by making the decision to allow Balotelli to take the penalty? I have mixed feelings about it, but in the end when the goal scores, a lot can be forgiven.

My mixed feelings are based on what takes place in the dressing room. That's why I like cricket; onfield captain can make his own decision... but does this action undermine the manager?

Rodgers probably had plenty to tell MB, but I don't think we'll know exactly.

Gerrard should have been more diplomatic IMO with his comment about disrespect, given where Mario is coming from. You don't want to discourage him especially when he is feeling confident. And Sturridge should drop the prima Donna act.
    Peter R

Comment

i agree, if gerard thinks it was a disrespect, venting it in a public forum is not likely to be helpful.

2 perceived wrongs don't make a perceived right.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think Gerrard has become a bitter old man since Pool didn't give him what he wanted. Yes the captain should decide but this happen all the time and it needs to stay in house. Ballo took the change and he has to bear what comes with it, but who wouldn't want to see their striker getting back to scoring goals?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Did anyone notice Sturridge telling Henderson to take charge

of the penalty..wowie lmao
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

"psssssst....HL".

'A who dat"

"Iz me man....Crystal"

"Walk -off...."

"No HL man, mi wah tell you bout Southampton v. Liverpool.."

"Crystal, you can talk...but mi nat listening................

"HL, Liverpool MIGHT get a penalty on saturday, dem won't mek Balotelli tek it. It gwine result in a miss......."

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Exactly,so the question is,did Gerrad diss Balo? For him to criticize his own player, goes against the Liverpool ethos,leave that to Paul and Mo,Yuh juss nuh duh dat.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yes he did diss him and he is out of place.

rodgers gave credible and reasonable explanation. gerrard and balo are first and second choice. neither balo not gerrard started so henderson was nominated. when balo came on the was ahead of henderson in the pecking order. sounds normal to me.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X