No announcement yet.

You can't coach pace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear that saying that Barca is a slow TEAM...but I have not seen the measurements on pace of each of the Barca players. However, going by what my eyes tell me their players are quite quick/pacy. Judging by the way opponents have to work to stay in touch on those short bursts and even on long runs it certainly seems the players are quick.

I would hazard a guess that Messi, for example, would most often 'duss hout' most of...possible all of our players over 20 meters. Perhaps the slowest players on Barca are Gerard Pique followed by Javier Mascherano. Mascherano, as we saw in the last World Cup, is no slouch.

Would be grateful if someone could post the Barca starting X1 measurements on pace.
    Thanks!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      OJ we have not yet figured out how to identify players with quick reactions and thus faster speed of play, so we must find mids who are actually faster and more combative .
      Stony this which you speak of can be taught. We don't need to go on a special hunt to unearth these players. All we need to do is to start teaching these fundamentals from an early age. Even at the senior level, the coach can work on this style of play. Raw pace is inherent. In a 20m sprint, Messi may be comparable to any one of our players, however, in a 20m sprint with the ball, he blows away the competition. This, and other fundamentals of the game is what need to be taught to our players.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

One of the things which we all fall prey to is the idea that football is only when your team has possession of the ball. The area where improvements can be made the fastest regardless of years of training and talent is defense and pressing.

Comment

yep and that is why I am upset seeing shapes sometime as played across the back during my days that is one of the first things you want to address.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            Stony this which you speak of can be taught. We don't need to go on a special hunt to unearth these players. All we need to do is to start teaching these fundamentals from an early age. Even at the senior level, the coach can work on this style of play. Raw pace is inherent. In a 20m sprint, Messi may be comparable to any one of our players, however, in a 20m sprint with the ball, he blows away the competition. This, and other fundamentals of the game is what need to be taught to our players.
            Pan pint, Jangle!

...but yuh get innah trubble wid dose who claim dat di schools nuh good fi teach dem ting yah as hit his 'recreational only'...'hex-tra-curricula hack-tive-vi-ti'? Yuh carna dark!!!

Sotto voce - A weh dem people deh get fi dem hi-deas fram, eeennnh, Jangle
            Last edited by Karl; February 19, 2015, 11:14 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X