No complaint..Spurs played well arsenal not bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No complaint..Spurs played well arsenal not bad

either .......just one of those games any team could have won. Congrats Spurs
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Even though Welbeck was on a yellow, I don't think he should have been taken off. He was your best player for Arsenal and was affecting the game. He looked dangerous every time going forward. Theo Walcott did nothing to change the game and the substitution came too early. Wenger screwed up.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

This report seems to differ quite a bit from others I just read on this forum. Who is right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wenger probably messed up the team chemistry by starting Welbeck,I hate when coaches do that.
        Sanchez missing probably made the difference but Arsenal has to start having more possessions..

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
          either .......just one of those games any team could have won. Congrats Spurs
          Maybe... given the scoreline and when Spurs scored their second, but they created by far a greater number of chances and IMO it was more likely that they would win.

But, yes, football is a funny game... 2-1 for Arse would not have surprised me. I was hoping for a DRAW from a LFC perspective...
          Peter R

Comment

I am always write
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That is a correct assessment Paul and rockman you are both

spot on...Arsenal needed more midfield control. After awhile they were defending and losing the ball in dangerous areas. Ramsey and Carzola had no influence. One point Ozil needed to whip a cross in he settled for a short pass. however overall I saw a nicely played game. I knew Arsenal needed 3 goals to win.
              "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Agreed. Well played Spurs! This must bein Scaly out of retirement😜😜😜😜

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Apologies Peter but are you and Paul related

Sorry to mistake u sar...

Comment

No problem... you could have mistaken me for worse Paul is indeed my brother and a much bigger LFC fan than I am!
                    Peter R

Comment

If Welbeck was our best player going forward then I was watching the wrong game.

In the game I watched he was a tiger on defense once we lost the ball. The problem was he often on such occasions was performing like those sick firemen who light fires and hustle at being the heroes extinguishing same.

On attack he too frequently destroyed his TEAM's attacks. When he was flawess he was = very good. Unfortunately he was too infrequently so.

NB: The match shall be available for a few days on ON DEMAND.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

who was the best player on offense for Arsenal today???
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why have you ignored his 'total play' = Attack + Link play + Defense?
                          You think a player is only one area of play...or assessing a player properly means taking his good and ignoring his bad? ...or do you think contributions to TEAM/deciding his worth to TEAM is a matter of observing the good and the bad and making a determination the sum effect of his play?

No tricks please! A player is the sum of what he gives.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X