Welbeck has made a goal for the GUNNERS...and h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUNNERS still dangerous on the counter. 75m
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Appears Wenger is about to roll the dice. Could keep his defensive presence but I see Walcott and Akpom warming up.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

78M - Welbeck off! Walcott on!

Comment

GUNNERS definitely more attacking!
          ...going for it ...but that also leaves space for counter

Comment

Spurs! 2 - 0 GUNNERS! 87min
            Wins ball on the left excellent cross unstoppable header! KANE!

Comment

89M Wenger brings on Akpom.

Wenger rolled the dice earlier as he brought on Walcott who gives nothing on defense - so on defense 11 Spurs v GUNNERS 10 - but could supply attacking strength.

Unfortunately he does not attack the ball in Spurs half...and on excellent through ball takes his eye off it and it hits him on his heel and goes to Spurs.

Comment

Better TEAM won!
                Wenger could not help himself. His personality demanded he had to go for it all. He lost it all.

KANE superb! Many players on Spurs' TEAM were very good. Can't say the same for my GUNNERS! Ospina, our 'keeper, was the only player I can give FULL 100!

I am

Comment

You think he should have gone defensive I take it... hard to defend the goals Kane scored though.
                  Peter R

Comment

Conclusion: GUNNERS perspective...

...based on the dynamics of the game and quality...known quality of each player, Ramsey was a major disappointment. Weak defensively! Too many poor passes! ...broke down too many of GUNNERS possessions...during attacks and during defensive efforts. ...even as he contributed little or nothing from his strong suit i.e. on attack.

Comment

True, y'all missing the Ox!
                      Peter R

Comment

I know you are "on the money"!
                        He is so far ahead of Walcott it is not funny!
                        He gives the same on pace...and works like hell on the other side of the ball. He also is growing by leaps and bounds on decision-making the area that was his bug-bear!

Comment

I have seen games in which he struggled,I must admit,he is The problem for Man U.Wilson is no pushover BUT...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                            You think he should have gone defensive I take it... hard to defend the goals Kane scored though.
                            ...but the aim would have been to deny Kane the ball...and allow for more of our counter-attacks. Going 10 v 11 on defense allowed more freedom to Spurs and reduced even further our chances of initiating the counter.

Wenger gambled that more offense would have had Spurs defending deeper and presented at least one goal. Cannot fault him...Logic on the/his thought process - but I would not have gone that way.

On the late change before Spurs 2nd I would have pulled Ramsey and inserted the man he brought on, Rosicky. For me Walcott in any case would not have seen the field. Spurs were rampant, why would I give them more attacking %age options?

Comment

Working...
                            X